Perfect PA

… and BINGO!

2 Likes

Why did I know that her surname was Jennings? Was a point made of it for some reason, last time she was around?

Fish, why are you asking us that? You are known to know everything there is to be knowed in certain areas.

Jennings - I- - I - I- Corwumpf!! Wot we need is Binns and Blotwell and their reverberating batlike squeaks. Perhaps Henwy and Giddyjack could be fed into a mangle or mincer or similar…

Followed by Anthea, who is a blot, a pustule and an excrescence. I think they think we want her back and will brim with hilarity at the results. Oh dear.

4 Likes

Ah, I knew you’d be pleased, Gus!

I am, so I am sure you will rejoice on my behalf, won’t you? I liked that she was distinctive, a complete misery, intransigent and put Lilian in her place which she thoroughly deserved for bullying the martyred Brenda. Let’s hope Justin hires her and she makes his life hell too. What’s not to like?

3 Likes

Having to listen to Anthea? An appalling grotesque and cardboard cut-out character with a very unpleasant-to-listen-to voice. Another one.
And you seem to think that bullying Brenda was a Bad Thing. Oh well, no accounting, is there, dere…

1 Like

I won’t argue about the voice, it didn’t affect me that way but hey, some people don’t have a problem with Pip’s voice. Or Ruth’s. Brenda drove me batty(er) with her sulky passiveness. She’d comply with every one of Lilian’s unreasonable requests and go and have a strop about it with Tom. So don’t think my heart bled for her, but you know better than that.

Well, you may be borrowing trouble after all. We don’t know yet if she actually will speak. It may all be one of those wind-ups the prod team thinks are funny.

3 Likes

FATHER, Mother, and Me,
Sister and Auntie say
All the people like us are We,
And every one else is They.
And They live over the sea,
While We live over the way,
But—would you believe it?—They look upon We
As only a sort of They!

4 Likes

Various people on FB and the Mustardlands did say they wanted her back I’m afraid.

I know it was fixed weeks or months before we all started picking up the signs, and they said that, but a lot of people enjoyed her before in the days of Matt, alas. She is definitely on my list of characters who would drive me from the pub.

3 Likes

Well, ‘various people’ are pestilential fools for the most part. But you had probably worked that one out for yourself, dere ftc.

Rot their socks, that’s wot I say.

4 Likes