Posting images

Post edited as original instructions now irrelevant

Thanks to the sterling work of @Feral_Techie et al, the convoluted method for posting images is no longer necessary; both uploads and links work the way they should. External links still seem to need to be on a line of their own.

So here’s a direct upload:

And a link from an external site:

4 Likes

This may disappear very rapidly if it doesn’t work, but I think external links can be posted directly (I got it wrong in the last post so am trying again!)

Eureka! It looks like you have to have a blank line above the link - so hit [RETURN] twice before pasting the link

4 Likes

Well done, but unless I’m being thick I don’t see what you’ve done.

Is there an idiot’s guide ?

An easy one please, as so far I don’t think I’ve followed ANY of the technical advice on here on ‘how to do’ something.

I fear I am surrounded by technical competents. That’s quite scary.

1 Like

Obviously - or I couldn’t have done it :grin:

It’s irrelevant now, anyway; Feral fixed it with the move to a dedicated server. Everything works as it should now, with no need for fiddly workarounds.

2 Likes

Just testing if I can do it:

Is there a preferred size? I’ve chosen 640 x 480 px.

3 Likes

The thingy will resize large images automatically.

Joe, might it be worth editing the initial post to reflect the Brave New Server?

2 Likes

Thanks, Hedgers. Is that why my image is marked edited by ‘system’? Does that happen automatically no matter how small the posted image is? Oh, why don’t I test that out while I’m at it? Here’s a photo that’s 320 x240 pixels:

I’ll wait and see if I get the same message … later … yes, same message.

Joe, is that a picture in your post of Soo the rooster?

3 Likes

Will do!

[quote=“JustJanie, post:7, topic:232”]
Joe, is that a picture in your post of Soo the rooster?
[/quote]Yep - that’s our Soo in full voice - and a glorious sound it is!

3 Likes

Ok, testing the idiotproofness of it all (I have certificates, you know).

4 Likes

Testing whether dogs work as well as cats

Meet Betty and Molly :blush:

6 Likes

And delightful they are too!

3 Likes

Thank you Joe. As the breed standard describes them, multum in parvo. Bless their little puggy hearts.

2 Likes

Lovely doggies, Marjorie.

Gus, Pidge and Heidi are amazingly alike, aren’t they? And all black cats do not look alike!

2 Likes

At one stage of my life I ran a boarding cattery and we had zillions of black cats - a surprising number of them were called Lucky. An expat family had two black cats - one called N*gger, the other Boy. I was rigid with shock when they told me the names.

2 Likes

They are, rather. Heidi has all her tail, though, unlike Pidgelump. When she is in her stouter phases, viewed from above, there is quite a resemblance to the later stage of tadpoledom…

2 Likes

OK, I know I’ve missed it … but what do you do ??

Use the upload link at bottom right of text box.

1 Like

Or, if it’s an image already hosted elsewhere that you have a URL for, just put in the URL on a line on its own.

2 Likes

[quote=“Marjorie, post:17, topic:232, full:true”]
Use the upload link at bottom right of text box.
[/quote]At the risk of irritating the hell out of you … what ‘upload link’ at the bottom right of what text box ?

1 Like

Start posting a reply - telling me to go and boil my head, say - and you will be typing in a box. There is a line at the top of the box and above it appear wee symbols: a speech bubble, a B, an I, some handcuffs, quotation marks, a < / > for formatting and then a _ wiv an arrer shooting upwards from it. That’s yer man.

3 Likes