Radio Times Ambridge Diary December 17th-22nd

As the comedy evening at the church faces problems, Sykesy steps in with a solution. Will his near-the-knuckle material just add another problem?
Christmas lunch at Brookfield hits a snag when David puts his foot in it and Stella clashes with one of the family.
Emma suffers embarrassment on a students’ night out, and Alice risks telling Chris about her new situation.

Thanks to fleetingeileenm of The Archers in Mustardland

5 Likes

Never a good idea, that.

5 Likes

“Can I watch?”

5 Likes

Fortunately the turkey is so dry that his foot bounces off. As do the knives, saws, and farm implements.

6 Likes

I suspect that a gastropod of this parish would sell tickets Janie

4 Likes

What was this about? I don’t remember it happening this week.

6 Likes

He put his foot in it commenting on Stella’s ‘pins’, but that was to do with the ghastly Brookfield Von Trapps. I think that must be it, though.

5 Likes

What bunkum that was!

But it is another example of Stella cheerfully making someone be unhappy/feel foolish. I wonder whether that’s how she manages to feel good: make someone else feel bad. I have known people like that: they got ahead in their minds by standing on other people to keep them down or behind. Her attack on Jill was of that sort: it did no earthly manner of good for anything at all, and gained her nothing except Jill (and to a lesser extent Pip) being made unhappy by it. And in any case, what an unworthy target: a woman in her nineties! Go and pick on someone your own size, Stella…

4 Likes

I don’t mind Pip being made unhappy! Though it is so much more satisfactory if it’s something she’s brought on her own head, which this wasn’t.

A bit like Kirsty’s harangue at Helen: it was fully deserved but for the other things than stated. Helen couldn’t have been expected to read Tom’s mind, pre-wedding nerves are normal, I never felt she ought to have told Helen. But … for being a lousy friend in general, absolutely! Loved the line telling her to ‘inflict her friendship’ on someone else.

What a shame Kirsty took it all back. And Stella will probably end up apologising to Pip. Though not to Jill, is my prediction.

6 Likes

She will no more apologise to Jill than Toby ever did. Stella doesn’t “do” apology: she is always right, as far as she is concerned.

6 Likes