Radio Times Ambridge Diary Feb 24-Mar 1

Prepare yourselves for some posh, indignant whining as Alice locks horns with Kate and refuses to forgive her for her part in the sale of Home Farm.
Jennifer, meanwhile, sets foot in her former residence, but is left horrified by what she discovers.
There are tensions too for dads-to-be Adam and Ian - with the Grey Gables chef starting to question whether his husband really wants their sought-after baby.
There’s a disaster for the Grundys that looks set to have serious financial implications. And how will Joe react when he receives some difficult-to-hear news from Clarrie and Eddie?
Plus, Helen and Lee struggle with their respective shyness - can they overcome it to find a happy ever after?

Thanks to fleetingeileenm from ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

4 Likes

It’s been obvious to me, how has it taken Ian so long to notice?

4 Likes

“I said, I’m really very shy!”
“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the portable disco playing ‘I’m Very Shy’.”

4 Likes

Ian’s a bully. Adam is supposed to want a baby as much as Ian does (if he really does) because Ian has said so.

I’ve always theorised that Ian doesn’t, really, either. It was all a test to punish Adam for his infidelities. He was not supposed to agree and Ian would have had that to hold over him as well, forever.

I think that’s a little too devious for the storywriters, but there are people like that, always plotting to retain the upper hand in a relationship.

5 Likes

Does anybody? This storyline is a mix of miscasting two near-pensioners (or will be by the time the brat is at school) and pandering to the politically-correct snowflake children cluttering the BBC’s Drama (and every other) Department.

2 Likes

An Ikea kitchen?

5 Likes

Actual taste as opposed to copying something from a magazine?

4 Likes