Radio Times Ambridge Diary June 14-17

Brian has quite a history of worming his way out of trouble (remember the poisoning of the Am?), so it’s no surprise to find that after making a shock discovery, he tries to pin the blame on an innocent bystander. But with the Aldridge clan already on shaky ground, will Brian’s ruse result in their standing in the village plummeting even further?
At Beechwood, Joy is babysitting Henry and Jack to give Lee and Helen a rare night out. But you can expect Joy to be left mortified when she makes an unfortunate error - all of which leads to her and Helen having to cover up the mishap. Let’s hope it’s nothing to do with Lee’s precious superhero figures, eh?

Thanks to fleetingeileenm of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

4 Likes

Yeah right, he lost his house and much of his money, because of a thing that he very clearly wouldn’t have done.

#NotMyBrian

That whole plot element just irks me.

(If he were a serious collector he’d keep them behind glass.)

4 Likes

Henwy and Jack? Good plan. Toughened, of course.

3 Likes

In an inert nitrogen atmosphere.

4 Likes

Yeah, I did have something of that sort in mind.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Agree with your other points too. I fear there will be Hilarious Consequences as Joy and Helen conspire to keep the truth from Lee who of course will mind much less than they think he will. (But only because he’s a sap.)

4 Likes

Nor mine. Fair breaks my heart, what they’ve done to Brian. I don’t recognise this version at all, and I miss The Real Brian.

4 Likes

Are you confessing to a liking for old Brine?

Yuck!

2 Likes

It is not a confession, I am an out-and-proud Old Brian lover. He is (or was, I should say) one of the most entertaining characters TA has ever had, and possibly the one with whom I would most enjoy spending an evening.

No, I wouldn’t ever have wanted to be married to him but I could definitely have considered an affair when he was in his prime, and when I had the energy for such a thing. I imagine he would have been rather talented in the bedroom department - I don’t think either Caroline or Siobhan would have been the type to have kept coming back for more if he weren’t.

5 Likes

I just find him too slick - a perfect lounge lizard sort of chap…

But I am fond ofHarrison so what do I know?

3 Likes

Sooner or later Borsetshire Fancy Dress Hire is going to want their policeman costume back.

4 Likes

I am allowed to have an affection for peelers!

1 Like