Radio Times Ambridge Diary May 24-27

First things first - coronavirus will feature in the new landscape. There are contemplative scenes as David sits atop Lakey Hill and reflects how the village has changed. And we’ll also hear how Ambridge is coming to the aid of its most vulnerable residents, as Susan wrangles volunteers to deliver supplies. There may be no local cricket, but Tracy and Harrison are still vying to be team captain.
As ever, though, family dynamics remain at the heart of the drama. And the Brookfield Archers are the first to take centre stage. Relations are strained between father and son after the forage harvester breaks while Josh is driving it. He insists the malfunction isn’t his fault and feels his parents treat him differently from his siblings. Will he and David be able to sort out their differences?

Thanks to fleetingeileenm of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

4 Likes

…I think more to the point, does anyone really care?? :roll_eyes: :thinking:

3 Likes

The sooner Josh decides whether he wants to be a businessman or a farmer the better

Spoilt little brat

We all know that Pip and Wosie are getting the farm anyway

3 Likes

Brat, yes. Spoilt, not so much. The Dopeys’ attitude to him has generally been pretty cavalier and dismissive.

He’s a nasty little spiv, though.

4 Likes

Yes, dismissive, cavalier, and the Dopeys have been pretty stupid, too. Josh is 22 and a half, so it must be four years since he asked them to give him a year to see if he could make a go of the business. And he hasn’t, really. Could he have survived if he had had to pay rent, food and utilities? I doubt it. And the rent he pays the farm for his business is, if I remember correctly, a percentage of his profit, so if he’s not making anything, as seems to be the case at present, he’s not paying any rent. In the real world, away from Mummy and Daddy, I don’t see how his business could have survived.

Yet, Dopey-like, Ruth and David have let the situation fester, year after year, giving him no guidance or encouragement yet not letting him know he really needs to take a look at his career.

3 Likes