Surely not…

…shop-bought custid? :scream:

4 Likes

Wash your mouth out, Joe

My lot preferred Birds, at that time

I’m the egg custid fan here

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ah - so same issue, but from the other side? The “it’s the wrong colour” complaints?

Meanwhile, the boss has announced chicken curry for this evening, so I have decided to extend the boycott of shop-bought rubbish to naan.

3 Likes

That’s it

I have to have Indian food this evening

Am Bluddy Frozen, so will have some on Elf grounds…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

… yeah, but martyrs & wine are simply wrong.

Triffle should be simple, but plentyful. Personally I’d not use trifke sponge and would put raspberries and/or madarin segments in the jelly but Mrs. Shaks, surprisingly, disagrees.

Loads of custard, loads of cream and a, frankly, stupid amount of 100’s & 1,000’s.

Never, ever, ever sherry. Ever.

That’s ever.

4 Likes

Mr C’s schoolfriend’s wife makes Whisk(e)y trifle

First year of marriage, & they were as poor as the proverbial church mice & he was given a present of a bottle of Scotch by the firm he worked for

She made the trifle with it, as she didn’t have any Sherry ‘& it was too expensive to buy a bottle’ …

60 years later, they are still married, & she still makes Whisk(e)y Trifle every Christmas

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

That’s deserving of several more "ever’s ".

To be honest, I don’t do alcohol in food. :flushed::flushed: Yes, I know !! (Though, as I speak I’m roasting a leg of pork with cider, so showing what a liar I am).

4 Likes

I wouldn’t put cider with that, myself. Nor would I expect much in the way of crackling…

4 Likes

There’s going to be plenty of crackling.

4 Likes

Now you’ve corrected the typo, maybe

Spoilspork

5 Likes

I seem to recall the late and very much lamented Humph mentioning that Samantha was partial to a bit of pork in cider.

6 Likes

o god. Yes, now you mention it, I think he did…

3 Likes

Followed by dessert courtesy of her ice-cream making Italian gentleman friend. There’s nothing she enjoys more than licking the nuts off a large Neapolitan.

4 Likes

stoppit

4 Likes

I have the recordings of every ISIHAC up to Jack Dee taking the chair. Great fun but, tbh, the first 5 minutes of each show when the location is lampooned and Samantha introduced are always the highlights.

4 Likes

To return to Trifle… :wink:

I’ll come to the subject of Trifle Bowls/Dishes tomorrow

Gather yer Strength, Darlings

Trifle Wars is about to break out…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Do you know, I can scarcely wait, Dahlink. Never been a fan of it meself, but it must have extravagant decorations on top. That is not negotiable. Balls.
Silver ones, or the multicoloured sort. But definitely balls.

4 Likes

And I can wholeheartedly recommend the Paul Hollywood version. He included caraway seeds as well as cumin seeds, but since I didn’t have any of the former, I simply missed them out. Can’t say I noticed anything particularly missing flavour-wise.

3 Likes

Have just corrected the spelling of “flavour”. Why does this site insist on US English?

3 Likes

I haven’t found that it does.
Flatbread wiv yoghurt in is goood…

3 Likes