Rip her throat out

Och, gus. I’ll think about this in the morn.
Soo xx

4 Likes

And what better reason for festivity than giving WR an extreme tracheostomy? (Ideally, a BOGOF with Pip)

4 Likes

And if anything, even worse today.

“We miss you, Pip”

Hard of thinking - sorry, th’n’n - or what? Just hand the effing gun to someone competent.

2 Likes

For various reasons I haven’t been listening much for a couple of weeks

I heard the Minibus this morning

Not feeling too well since…

I bought a very tasteful Christmas jumper last year & will wear it again this year, even though it isn’t the required shade of red…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Oh dear, careful now. I haven’t listened since last Sunday. I shall monitor my symptoms carefully when, or indeed if, I recommence.
Gxx

3 Likes

I suggest that you dose up with an Medicinal or 3

Just in case…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Dere Chatelaine, I shall treat your advice as if graven on a tablet of stone.
Gxxx

3 Likes

Am having a day where I cannot tune -in any of the radios in Carinthia Towers

It’s making the repeat of TA even more surreal than it was…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I stand by my opening sentiments. Why Brian didn’t deliver a sharp jab to her solar plexus will ever be a mystery to me. He could with advantage have followed that up by bestowing a Paisley kiss on his dear wife.
Gaaaaaah!

5 Likes

He was refreshingly sharp with her, I was glad to hear. Takes an awful lot to penetrate Ruth’s thick skin, mind, but Brian did do his best. He must really regret assigning her to be Ruari’s advocate. Should have known she’d use her role as an excuse for snooping, demanding an accounting and sticking her nosy neb in.

By the way, what was she doing also sticking her nose into the Grundys’ business today? Was that scene taking place at Grange Farm? She seems to have gone back to her old ways of popping up everywhere like Moaning Myrtle from Harry Potter.

5 Likes

I seem to remember that Moaning Myrtle’s preferred locus of poppage was the lavatory, not to put too fine a point on it, pan. Who’s up for helping Ruth to strategically position herself?

2 Likes

She has never been to Grange Farm before since the Grundys moved back in there in December 2015, and she has been in one scene with Clarrie during 2015, 2016 and 2017; they are not old buddies, and she would not be invited round there, so I can only assume she was there to nose out what she could about Will.

This new scriptwriter really is ignorant about The Archers! She has been the “director” for three weeks since 2010, two of them in 2015-6, and done three weeks of scripts since then all of which have been dire, I do hope she gets an important editing job (for Silver Street, say) or makes a real hit writing plays for the theatre, and gets too important to mess up a mere serial which has been running since before her parents were born.

4 Likes

Double Bad Form Warning.

1. I am replying to myself
  2. I am not so much cross-threading as cross-boarding but

Just Janie has pointed out about Ruth that ‘Once she suddenly appeared in the public loo in Bath’. Moaning Myrtle indeed.

2 Likes

Right and just as weirdly she decided to deliver presents to Grange Farm in 2017 so that she could have a row with Helen who was also there for reasons I forget or don’t care about:

http://www.lowfield.co.uk/archers/daily.phtml?20170406

As for the Moaning Myrtle incident, gave me quite a turn as I recall, Jill and someone, probably Christine, having a quiet chat when suddenly Ruth gave voice. She’s done that in the village shop 'n all. The woman is a pest.

4 Likes

Made my day hearing being told to eff off. Hateful woman. Good God she’s going to be a nightmare as she gets older and decides to stop being nice.

5 Likes

I’m only sorry that Jennifer apologised for Brian. It’s meaningless and impertinent anyhow, apologising for other people. I hope Brian wasn’t sorry!

4 Likes

Jennifer made the appointment; she owed Ruth that apology, even if she gave it for the wrong reasons.

3 Likes

Did she explain to Ruth that Brian hadn’t been expecting her? As you say, she might well apologise for forgetting to mention the appointment to Brian, but not for his behaviour.

I think Brian was owed an apology from Jennifer for unleashing Ruth on him without warning!

4 Likes

And Kate, and Alice
and quite possibly the kitchen, along with numerous social gatherings rather than attend which Brian would sooner boil and eat his own legs, particularly those featuring the Vulgarian from Bulgaria and discussions of his stepson’s sperm quality.

Poor sonofabitch.

4 Likes

He’s really going to regret making them all partners, isn’t he?

4 Likes