Script recycling, part 1

…talking of which, may I point you in the direction of this:

…a good read, although somewhat depressing! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::pensive::pensive::pensive:

4 Likes

Well born lack of confidence.

They don’t have “little interest” so much as ‘fail completely to recognise anyone else exists’. The school yard at my son’s old school was a sight to behold. Eventually they appointed car park marshalls.

6 Likes

Umm

We have an SUV

But we live in the proper country

6 Likes

Don’t have a problem where they are necessary*, but would wholeheartedly support their banning in town centres, where roads simply aren’t wide enough.

*Which also implies they have to be proper workhorses, not the posers’ toy ones.

4 Likes

Ours is a workhorse for the rally job

And able to get up mountains and it is right for our back road/track

I hope that we can be forgiven having a scruffy suv

6 Likes

One which is for a real reason is an honourable thing.

One which is for picking up Tristram and Mirella from their prep schools in the middle of town, not so much so.

4 Likes

Or more likely:

“…picking up Tristram and Mirella from their prep schools about two minutes’ walk away in the middle of town”

Scruffy is a good sign. The problem is the pristine ones owned by gobshites for whom “off-road” extends only to their own driveway and at a pinch the Browne Thomas multi-storey.

5 Likes

Is Isolde in detention ?

*this, as the kids say.

5 Likes

…how much mud on those scruffy tyres??? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Sounds like a disease.

There’s a sodding huge SUV thingy that belongs to someone in our road. It gleams. It is utterly ridiculous. No need for it in Sarf Lunnon, ffs. No, I don’t know what sort it is - am fairly ‘car-blind’ - but this obtrudes itself on my attention, being more like a geographical feature than a mode of personal transport. (Actually, it might belong to the people whose cat I inadvertently stole. That would figure. They are howling gits.)

The Hummer always amused me, although purely for nominative reasons. I thought a great deal less of a friend who acquired one on their return to God’s Own Country (or the US, as we tend to call it).

4 Likes

If we took the pressure washer to them we might find tyres under the mud!

Good Irish peat bog and cow farms type of mud!

6 Likes

I did actually encounter this name a few years ago.

Poor child.

4 Likes

Indeed. Some of that raw work which is often pulled at the font.

4 Likes

Unless, of course, they happen to be Italian or Jewish

4 Likes

They would still sound like a lurg to these slightly twisted ears, whatever their heritage.

4 Likes

One at least sounds rather pleasant. Or as I am saddened to learn, sounded–she died on Monday

RIP Mirella Freni…

4 Likes

You should hear what they do to the name in Bristol!

Seriously: it would be fine for an Italian or a Jew in the right area, but in Bristol it’s a bit like making a ten-year-old boy wear a kilt to parties because his name is Ian Douglas and his Grandfather came from Perth.

5 Likes

In Newham, where road maintenance is apparently done by elves or similarly mythical creatures, perhaps slightly more so.

… in Australia.

4 Likes