Seriously?

Where is wor Chatelaine with her festive buckets?
Lynda sodding Snell, MB feckin’ E.
WHY?

5 Likes

Choose yer colour, Gus

I haven’t yet heard it

Not sure if I can face it TBH

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Sorry for spoiler, Dere…

Best avoided, imo.

4 Likes

A new! exciting! bucket for the 70th anniversary:

4 Likes

Thank you, dere: notta moment too soon. That purple will contrast nicely with the diced carrot.

4 Likes

What for, in the name of all that is sensible? Being blown up? Keeping Llamas?

5 Likes

All right, good points all, but weren’t any of you cheered at least a little bit by the fun part, Kirsty getting arrested?

5 Likes

Grudgingly I acknowledge that I might be a little bit pleased about that.

5 Likes

I’m supposed to be out buying potatoes but I dropped in quickly to see you were happy about that!

5 Likes

I was, but that’s another one with a “why?” attached. Why come out on New Year’s Day to arrest someone who a] did the dobbing in and b] only needed to be interviewed again at this stage? All that will happen is they let her out even faster than they got shot of Philip.

5 Likes

Will she not even get a sniff at the grey trackie bums of martyrdom?

On reflection, that could profitably be rephrased

5 Likes

Well that’s the prosecution case shot full of holes then.

5 Likes

Charge her with the same offence, and she is no longer a witness against Philip. Yes.

5 Likes

On the other hand all she really has is hearsay.

5 Likes

She has direct evidence in hearing Philip tell her about the slide into slave keeping

And if she is unwilling to testify against him the police can force her to as as a hostile witness

5 Likes

“This man, whom I have started to divorce, said these things to me” is not good evidence.

Aha, but no! PACE 1984 §80 (2) and (4) – because she is also being charged and is a spouse or civil partner, she is not compellable to give evidence.

Ways round that:

• volunteer evidence (the “competence” provisions of PACE §80 were repealed by the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999 so that ought to work, though the CPS thinks they do still apply so in that case she’d be incompetent too)
  • (4A) plead guilty (in practice this would be as part of a deal, even though deals are not supposed to happen)
  • (5) complete the divorce before she is called to give evidence
4 Likes

“Philip told me about his slaves”
I was taught that was direct evidence

I overheard Susan saying that Philip had slaves to Clarrie

That’s hearsay

But I am well out of date PACE has been changed since my day I am sure

5 Likes

Philip told her he had helped some lads off the streets.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, Twellsy

Sparrer’s Bruvver keeps the Fambly up to date…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

He also told her he had kept them working and paid a pittance and gave them a flat to live in as payment in kind for work

5 Likes