Short of breath, tired, cold, "as white as a sheet", giddy…

It’s a bit like killing Nigel, not really much point to it. Perhaps they didnt polish off either Ruth or Pip because they knew we’d cheer.

There’s going to be a real guilt fest isn’t there? Jerleen was beastly, Emma’s last convo was chilly, Bev in Malaga, Will at work - oh, there’ll be so much flagellation. I don’t think I’m looking forward to it.

5 Likes

“Oh, If Only I Had Been Nicer To Her.” Then she’d still be dead, most likely.

5 Likes

I’m still waiting for my prize for guessing

There is a prize, isn’t there ?

Snell Snyff

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

If she hadn’t been sacked, she wouldn’t have been handling Joe’s accoutrements.

4 Likes

I’m saying nothing, nothing!

4 Likes

Wah yer mouth out anyway, Janie. We have a shrewd enough idea of wot never passed yer lips, dere

3 Likes

Carinthia, you win… er… packet of fags… list of addresses of banks plus money truck schedules… aha!

This fine bottle of Finnish viina, wot is technically not a vodka honest, but can in practice be treated like one. Only it’s got half again as much oomph as most vodkas.

4 Likes

Happy Sigh

=====#~~ (__)

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Put that fag ahhht!

You know better than to fanny about with Naked Flames in the presence of Serious Spirits.

3 Likes

I remember drinking summat that strong the night before a particularly good wedding

And on the evening of the wedding day itself

Not all by myself, of course…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

To add to the Decadence I have The Old Grey Whistle Test special programme on BBC 4 on, in the background

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

It is possible that you think you were in company with twice as many revellers as were actually present, dere. Not that it matters, I suppose :wink:

3 Likes

But what puzzles me is WHY? What theme are they going to develop? Single man with kids, Will getting out of Ta altogether opening the way for a new gamekeeper? Feels a bit like rabbit out of hat for some abstruse reason.

5 Likes

I doubt it will be anything more than much as usual after about three days, really.

4 Likes

Yes - I was wondering if Philip Molloy was thinking of leaving. He’s not, by his own admission, that interested in acting; he does none outside of TA. I do feel that much of the adverse reaction to Will as a character is down to the portrayal; the affected Mummerset drawl makes every utterance sound like he’s sneering or patronising. I remember someone posting that their son or daughter was at a course taught by him and, unsurprisingly, his natural voice was nothing like Will’s; I think he struggles to get real emotion across because he’s trying too hard to maintain the accent.

Will deciding he wants to get away from Ambridge would be quite understandable; the place doesn’t exactly hold many happy memories for him. Nic’s death could well be the catalyst for a clean break.

4 Likes

Were it not for the fact that his departure would render many listeners happy - and I don’t hold with that at all - that would seem an elegant solution.

Although whether he would be wise to uproot Poppy in particular, but also George and possibly Nic’s two, from the wider family and move somewhere without a family support network (even allowing for the actual composition of that network being less than ideal in many ways) is debatable.

I blush to admit that I have been a bit sad all day about They Childrun.

4 Likes

Especially Poppy when it is suggested that of course Andrew ought to take over his two children, having seen them occasionally during the eight years they have been living with Will and Nic as a family; bereft of mother and both her siblings at one move, poor small child. I expect she would grow up to be an axe-murderer after that sort of treatment.

3 Likes

Yes, dreadful prospect for the poor wee creature. Not a picnic for the older ones either: Will is to all intents and purposes ‘Dad’. Which I suppose is why they clunkily had Mia howling for her dad and Will leaving his wife to comfort her when there were two perfectly good step-grandparents available to deal with her. Struck me as an odd sense of priorities, really, which is not (and you must promise not to tell) to diminish sympathy for Mia’s distress.

4 Likes

We’ll keep quiet about that, Gus.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying for years that Will should get out of the place that holds so many bad memories for him. Now it holds another one.

4 Likes