Shula's advice to Will

According to Lowfield:
Shula bumps into Will and hears that he isn’t going to the funeral. She says she felt the same about Mark’s funeral but in the end she was glad she went, and to Caroline’s.

According to BBC synopsis:
Shula sees Will and offers her condolences. She tells him that going to Mark’s funeral was hard but seeing how many people loved him and having that chance to say goodbye was worth it. She also draws a comparison to Caroline’s funeral and the comfort it gave her.

According to what was heard on air, however, Shula did not go to Caroline’s funeral, which was a quiet cremation in France. And since Shula organised the memorial for Caroline in Ambridge, her having gone to it was hardly something she had to make up her mind about.

3 Likes

She should simp!y have remoinded him that if you don’t go to other people’s funerals, they won’t go to ypurs

4 Likes

A singularly useless thing to say, I always thought. Like I’ll care who is at my funeral!

3 Likes

That was point

3 Likes

But the important thing is that Will Is Grieving Wrong and Must Be Fixed. We’re lucky Shula didn’t talk about how she was glad she’d gone to Shula’s funeral.

3 Likes

Well, I’m going to miss the funeral fun, so am relying on you good folk to blow raspberries on my behalf, or utter Deep Curses, should the need arise.

3 Likes

You can always download the podcast…

3 Likes