Since when did Eddie

have a meadow of any sort, let alone a hay meadow full of herb-life suitable for horse-fodder?

Ed, not Eddie, leases fifty acres from Oliver for his livestock, sheep at the moment.

And what was that machine Eddie was driving?

5 Likes

Good point* Chris, and I completely missed it! I think the site he and Kirsty were discussing is the one the pigs ruined, on Grange farm but he’ll only have Grundy’s field when they move out. Not much scope there for extensive hay meadows.

*I originally typed ‘Good pint’, which is a very good idea now I come to think of it.

5 Likes

I expect Oliver, who is a sucker, will let Eddie go on behaving as if he still owned the fifty acres of land that Oliver bought with the farmhouse.

Good pint. Hmmm. A Bushys’ Ruby Mild, I think.

5 Likes

An excellent choice, cheers!

5 Likes

…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but!…ah, but! …ah, but! …but! …this is Ambridge! (…or perhaps I meant Brigadoon?)

4 Likes

you what???

5 Likes

They probably don’t sell Bushys’ Ruby Mild at the Bull?

5 Likes

Shires Ruby Mild, perhaps.

5 Likes

…isn’t that where the PoleBarn is situated? …and also where Eddweird is hiding Tim’s containers of pesticides? …perhaps the containers will leak and TheGrundgies will be faced with a massive bill for the clean-up? “Coo, 'Arf a Million Quid!” (see threads passim)

5 Likes

Grundys Field is indeed where the barn is, so presumably where Edward hid the containers of chemicals which I think have since been collected.

5 Likes