So is this massive pig unit…

…only going to employ two people? I thought the interviews were for general workers, so why is Idiot banging on about the ideal candidate, singular?

4 Likes

It’s a good question.

4 Likes

Maybe they’re going to hold a full day of interviews for each post? Makes as much sense as anything else to do with DeMerde…

Actually, I wish we’d heard this wonderful candidate’s interview:

So, it says here you have experience running a large scale pig operation in the States, yes? That’s good. Now tell me, how would you see yourself - and the whole Berrow operation - fitting into a community like Ambridge? For instance, what are your views on tuna?

3 Likes

It’s just so bloody daft (ok. So it’s normal for the New Archers) that Neil and Jazzer wouldn’t be repulsed by the idea of intensive pig farming. Wotta load of twaddle.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s going to be for a single massive pig?

4 Likes

Nah - it has to be a full squadron.

4 Likes

Bacon carpets? Now there’s a thort.

3 Likes

pig

6 Likes

Rather disconcerting to think that was over forty years ago!

4 Likes

Isn’t it just !!

3 Likes

I still think of Wish You Were Here as a “recent” album, never mind Animals

I think it has to do with the fact that although I’d amassed a fair bit of their back catalogue by then it was the first one I bought when it was released, so I remember it as something entirely “new”. (I also remember Alan Freeman playing the entire album on his Saturday (or was it Sunday?) afternoon show when it came out - those were the days!)

3 Likes

I remember being somewhat disappointed a couple of years ago, when I heard a bright young thing, singing the praises of Pink Floyd, but looking totally blank when I mentioned Syd Barrett and said they’d never heard of “The Piper At The Gates of Dawn”. (…bloody kids today!)

3 Likes

That is unusual. Youngsters desperately wanting to be hip tend to refer to him, as they do with the Velvet Underground or Jim Morrison, whether they know anything about them or not. Like those Vox Pop things on tv when 12yr olds inform us how they felt watching Queen in Live Aid.

Sadly, very few talk of the Pink Fairy’s or Paul Kossoff. Not even Peter Green.

5 Likes

…nor Jeremy Spencer, nor Danny Kirwan. In fact talking about any pre-1974 Fleetwood Mac, pre-Pricks/Suckingthem collaboration, most Fleetwood Mac so called “experts” are totally ignorant of the original band. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Ignorant of music and literature.

4 Likes