So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

The wee minx!

8 Likes

Pleasantly cool forra change. (Bstrd hot expected next week so I shall make the most of it.)

yardarm

6 Likes

Bacon butties ready

Loaves on cooling rack

One will be sent Carinthia wards carefully wrapped in linen cloths

6 Likes

Thundery showers all day, so I am glad it is cold enough for socks-and-wellies not to be painfully too warm for me.

I hope the “thundery” bit stays in other areas, though, because the DDD is really afraid of thunder, and the one walk we have been on when there was thunder half-way through she spent the rest of the walk trying to hide under me, which made for difficult walking.

5 Likes

Ach the clever collie knows she is safe under you

6 Likes

Like I could do anything against a lightning strike!

5 Likes

I know that the hound doesn’t - she just knows she will be safe with you

Rather a compliment isn’t it?

6 Likes

In a slightly sideways way, because of the reproachful eyes when I don’t just make it stop as she wants of me.

5 Likes

Be taller than a Faithful Hound?

4 Likes

Today, I am angry.

I mean really angry.

I am angry with life. And the universe. And everything.

And I just want to say, it’s not FUCKING fair!

That’s all.

8 Likes

Do you want to vent about it?

Would you accept a hug, or would that make you want to bite?

Have you got any old crockery that you have always hated, which you could break into the dustbin with a hammer to let off steam a bit?

5 Likes

Not a ‘like’ like, obviously. More a sympathetic wave.

Funnily enough I was going to suggest exactly what Yon Fish has about Smithereen Therapy.

I hope you find something helpful. Sometimes, the anger is itself the helpful thing, of course…

5 Likes

Akshully, just saying that helped a bit. And screaming into an empty house, which is always good.

Hugs are good when I’m sad but bite-inducing when I’m angry.

It will go away in a while.

7 Likes

Very true.

Thank you both for not minding.

7 Likes

What caused the ire TFM?

I am rather irritated but not angry

My irritation has to do with a slug that chomped off a dahlia flower

7 Likes

TFM, I am sorry for the effingness of today. No words etc. but vent when you want, obviously.

Jilly is Magnificent - brava maestra! An example to us all.

Today will be sushi with DS.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Wot Gus said. If you can’t vent in here, where can you vent?

5 Likes

I know why there are hardly any raspberries on the wild bushes on one of our walks.

An old man with an old spaniel has told me as we wandered along and I saw and picked a raspberry there that he’s had a bowl of fresh raspberries from the wood for breakfast every morning this month.

I am not going to try to get there before him; he lives in a house that backs onto the wood and has a gate into it, and he gets up at six in the morning!

6 Likes

Greater Sog-Hound.

6 Likes

Her paws were muddy.

6 Likes