So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

So far… How do you know that a minority of participants aren’t slowly dissolving?

4 Likes

Only normal outrageous levels of overcrowding in A&Es … of course any unusual activity could be being suppressed by the Liffey Illuminati :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Or becoming squamous?

That Fish was very impressed by the speed of the bath this morning. “You could drown a baby in twenty seconds flat!” And my inner Gus pricked up her ears…

5 Likes

Ach we have plenty of water here!

Anyone want some more?

We have rain

Again!

5 Likes

< warm, fuzzy glow >

5 Likes

Gus dere

I know that deep down you are a big softy who adores the sweet sounds of childer at play

I can tell you always have a sweetie about you to treat nice children

4 Likes

Preferably one of those Japanese boiled sweets stuffed full of chilli powder.

4 Likes

Ah, a lucky dip from the Basket of Challenging Sweets. We had one of those in the kitchen at my last office, as people fairly regularly came back from Tokyo, HK, Seoul, etc. The worst, I think, was the strangely caramelised squid.

Acid Drops are useless, I tell you, useless!

5 Likes

I am about as much of an ‘old softy, really’ as Greebo, and you are as wrong as Nanny Ogg.

Keep yer slanders to yerself!

4 Likes

But Greebo is a sweet fluffy kitten in Nanny’s eyes!

I aspire to be Granny Weatherwax in my nature

5 Likes

Specially for Carinthia; now you know why we like Finland.

5 Likes

Elseboard, there is an extensive discussion going on about the little foibles of Other Halves that irritate posters, sometimes to the point of insane rage.

I am rather taken with this one: “He can’t spell lettuce”… I mean, how often would that be an issue?

5 Likes

Evening Perkele, honestly!

Are there Sufficient Finns attending? Feel they can only be a Good Thing to have at a WorldCon…

4 Likes

There are almost enough Finns. And rather more liquorice than is needed.

People who can’t be bothered to learn to spell aren’t really people.

4 Likes

Liquorice is wonderful stuff

I used to be given dried liquorice roots to chew as a child

5 Likes

The Fish is allergic, and I just dislike it.

4 Likes

Australian soft liquorice strings, Twellsy. If you haven’t tried them, DO.

I am Not A Happy Gus. Constructing a chicken sort-of-curry, I was finely dicing green chillies. They were lovely and juicy and had an unerring aim for the Gusly eye. This after peeling several Savage Attack Onions of the tear-inducing kind. Am currently a blotchy, snottered, resentful MESS. This bloody sort-of-a-curry had better be worth it.

5 Likes

A sympathetic like, of course. As to the sort-of-curry, having tasted one of your chilli-based recipes, I have not the slightest doubt it will be excellent

4 Likes

Poor Gus

I find that the most annoying food to prepare tastes the best

5 Likes

The Finns took over a bar and provided free drinks to the 5,000-person convention.

:zzz:

4 Likes