So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Why does mumsnet have a sort of demented spider for a logo?

5 Likes

You’ve got the 'demented ’ bit spot-on, but the ‘spider’ element isn’t quite right…

How are you doing today, o Fish?

6 Likes

Sneezing. I plan to go out at some point and fetch some more Actifed – turned out we had only four, in two different packets – or more likely Sudafed which is cheaper. I also need to get a prescription for everything else in the same place, so it isn’t a journey for just the one thing: I need some of the 'scrip medication on Monday.

How are others in the cellar?

6 Likes

Oh, bah! and pah! to it. Clobber it wiv sudafed and Fiendish Ginger elixirs.

6 Likes

Major sense of humour failure here. Embarked on a beading project I was quite excited about and have had to abandon it pro tem, as I can’t actually see what I am doing.
However…
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnifier-Handsfree-Magnifying-Detachable-Electronic/dp/B0743BKK6B?ref=silk_at_search

6 Likes

From the reviews, it’s at the right price now.

6 Likes

I didn’t entirely believe that ‘reduction’. And no, I wouldn’t have…

6 Likes

Pore Fishy

I am a rallying with my knitting

7 Likes

Is that as in “rallying round” or as in “gone rallying”?

6 Likes

I’ve been forra walk in extreme heat and have managed to not pop my clogs. Sis has a horrible headache, but not as bad as yesterday’s. I do wonder if she was ‘stood up’ too soon after fainting (although her friends wil have tried to protect her from being trampled to death by other Fringe-attendees) and this may be the result. DS fainted while sitting watching dissection-type demonstrations in GCSE biology classes and always used to have a severe headache afterwards. Anyhoo, she seems to be coping.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I could have done with that today, Gus

In fact, I think that I will order one anyway

2 lights in the ‘bathroom’ cabinet have gorn, so that involved sprottling with an torch to get them out, & the 1 remaining light in the ‘kitchen’ part of the caravan has gorn too. That involved unscrewing a plate under the cupboard, to find that the glass bit of the bulb has been ejected, leaving the screw part firmly screwed in

Much swearing, & use of the torch anna mirror, & the Bugga is still stuck, as the fingers can’t get enuff grip today to unscrew it.

Went to my stock of spare bulbs,& I don’t have any fer the ‘bathroom’, although I have made do with1 temporarily, & I only have 1 fer the ‘kitchen’.

They are SES bulbs, & the ones I have lots of are the normal ES

Sigh

Time forran Pitcher or 3, methinks

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Working at a rally dear Fishy

I have now stopped working for the day and a pint of beer is asking to be drunk

I am selfless enough to put it out of its misery by quaffing it

7 Likes

We are having an Helluvvan Thunderstorm here ATM

Lightning too, wiv Epic & Biblical Rain

I think that we need Pitchers, & Plenty Ovvem

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Slowly but I think surely thanks Twellsy. I did actually go out this morning, to visit POM who has been sadly neglected for the last 3 weeks since first we were away are then I didn’t dare risk giving her my cold. It wasn’t much of a challenge though, since I simply had to sit in the car while I was driven there and back, and sit on her sofa in between, and I went back to bed after lunch for a bit of a nap.

All the same, I am sitting here now wondering how to stay awake until it is a reasonable bedtime. And for that matter, what is a reasonable bedtime?

7 Likes

When you get tired.

You can always get up again later if sleep is impossible.

6 Likes

Wot bliss, you lucky Carinthia you. Just the usual hot and sweaty here.

6 Likes

I am so happy that I live where I do - it so rarely gets very hot here, just as it rarely gets as cold as most of Britain does in the winter. Today it was lovely and sunny and climbed to 24 degrees, any more than that is vary rare indeed. One day when we were in the lakes it got to 26 and I nearly melted, I just couldn’t bear it. I just don’t do hot.

7 Likes

Just home after marathon studio session. Same happening tomorrow. Urgent need for gin/beer. Then bed.

5 Likes

Gin/beer for joe.

TFM - I don’t do hot, but the temp crept up to 27°C this afternoon. I don’t do cold either and our CH was on three days ago. I lurves thunderstorms, though.

Here’s to temperate recoveries for all of our Poorlies.

Off to watch Hellsfjord - don’t ask.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin fer both of you, Soo

I have just spent a very frustrating half hour trying to sort out Techie Ishoos : I subscribe to the ITV Hub+ at £3-99 per month, which means that I can watch ITV here, on the Waptop- not ‘live’, but that doesn’t matter. It helps me to keep in touch & is useful during the odd spell of rain… :wink:

Anyhoo, there is a Pop-up which keeps Bluddy well popping up asking me to update my Browser,& tick the box marked ‘play DRM content’

I have ticked it until I can tick no more, & it still won’t play anything

Sigh

I may have to resort to unplugging it all…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes