So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Good thing Cuffy’s not around, really, then. Saves me the bother of poking with pointy sticks and such ;- )

5 Likes

Ah,

Darling does it steam Vertically ?

Ahem…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Goodnight, Gus.

5 Likes

Goodnight, Fishy…

5 Likes

???
If it’s in level ironing mode, the steam comes out sort of vertical. If it is sitting having a rest, it comes out sideways, horizontal-like. I feel there is some technical subtlety being referenced here that is beyond my evolutionary grade.
G xxx

5 Likes

Have taken to making that myself - much nicer than anything you can buy. Let’s face it, naan has to be served straight from the grill / pan (depending on preference / convenience). If you don’t burn your fingers eating it, you’re not doing it right.

I generally do the Paul Hollywood version - fairly simple and just seems to work. (Can dig out recipe if anyone wants it.)

6 Likes

I know just how it feels…

5 Likes

Sympathies, joe

And I feel that at my time of life I do not need confusing with technical queries about the angle of emissions of the ir*n, ffs. It’s not as if I use the bloody thing.

6 Likes

Morning all

Our young man is happily sawing and nailing wood to box in the half loft - it’s wonderful!

AND the telegraph pole and half tree are gone

I am a happy old bat

7 Likes

It’s not often that I find something in the morning’s news that makes me laugh, but…

Cats, eh?

8 Likes

Candy? CANDY? Some ppl don’t deserve a cat.

8 Likes

I ask if Chandrasakar pearl is a good name for a Bengal?

8 Likes

“The goldfish insisted.”

yardarm

8 Likes

Talking of bizarre local news …

Brilliant. Complete bllx, but brilliant.

I was offered sex, claims woman ‘burglar’ accused of leaping up and shouting ‘boo!’

5 Likes

One hopes the householder is a fine upstanding member of the community

6 Likes

Ah, Bolton. This would easily be answered by some standard forensic tests, so I assume the claim wasn’t made at the time of her arrest.

Last night’s game involved several unpleasant people working for Loco Jimmy (“The Name to Remember for Coke, Speed and Molly in the West Flagler/Grapeland Heights Area – est. 2014 – a family business”). It is not an entirely serious game.

7 Likes

Well … she was acquited !!

However, upon the finding the judge revealed the 3 other, similar, cases of which she’d been found guily and awaiting the outcome. She was jailed (again, unsurprisingly) for 18 months.

The jury system, as anyone who’s been on it will testify, is very broken.

However, as a chum of mine said “… his wife will ALWAYS have that small, nagging, doubt”.

I was particularly taken that her defence including the reason for having a meat tenderisor on her person was that she’d found it and kept it as she hoped that, one day, she’d have her own house and would have steaks to tenderise. Bravo, really, bravo. A woman with ambition.

“Boo !!”

8 Likes

I knew all that stuff about “shifts at the chicken factory” was a lie.

9 Likes

Rain has stopped play on the beading front. How so? Because a nice absorbent beading mat is just the thing for a cat to dry off on, that’s how. Poor creature got drenched.

8 Likes

That is one very determined expression. ‘Move me if you think you’re hard enough’?

Lovely glossy, healthy looking moggy though.

8 Likes