So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

When Nigel fell off the roof, my faith in the TA listenership and the GBP in general was bolstered by the fact that the very next day his plummeting scream was being used as a ringtone.

I had a kookaburra as a notification once, and a donkey as the ringtone. The latter produced mass hysteria on a bus stuck in stationary traffic. It gets tired quite quickly in those circs, though, and The Office kept ringing me…

7 Likes

That’s what I love about this place

No matter what the question/problem, some Kind Bugga always manages to be able to help

The Black Bin has been waltzing - prolly 'cos it’s empty

Proffers Pitchers

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Do you mind! I’m officially a nasty person. I got it in writing, an’ all.

8 Likes

If SKB could come up with inspired suggestions, I would be most grateful.
The Ma wants to get small presents for two boys, 15 and 12, and a girl of 11 (neighbouring children, so just token sort of thingies - and they are not exactly short of Stuff either) and she is stumped.

Ta
G

6 Likes

Out of my depth, I’m afraid. Don’t have clue what anyone younger than about 50 likes these days.

How about gift vouchers for A Certain South American River? You can specify that they get delivered (online) on a particular day, so no worries about Christmas post, etc.

7 Likes

Fings wot I like to have an on an Android phone (you may not):

Signal (proper communication, proper encryption, not owned by Facebook)
OsmAnd (mapping, routefinding, uses OpenStreetMap data, free from the right places)
DuckDuckGo Browser (built-in privacy, clear all trackers with two clicks)
K-9 Mail (non-hateful email on the go)

My ringtones are a 706 bellset for the normal phone (I have no idea why more people don’t do this; it just goes dring dring the way a phone should), and a badly synthesised Lincolnshire Poacher for the cryptophone. :slight_smile:

Orf to me nest.

6 Likes

My suggestion of fags, vodka, and coke didn’t go down too well, I must say ;- )

8 Likes

Would probably be appreciated by the recipients, though

6 Likes

For anyone curious about what may be going on in Hedgers’ link:

7 Likes

The Pycho shower/stabbing tune plays out whenever Mrs Armrests surprisingly rings me.

I am relying on the unlikelyhood that she’ll ever ring me whilst actually with me.

I like to live (semi) dangerously.

9 Likes

A dull grey day here. Most of them lately have been fairly bright, but this one isn’t. Also, full of water.

yardarm

7 Likes

Morning

Rain and wind here

Joe

I have MET you and you are NOT a nasty person

Yon Bull has a ringtone of the Nokia default ringtone being shot

I like that

And I like my ringtone - a delicate bell ringing in a sweet tune that is not demanding of immediate attention and is not too intrusive

though donkeys might be lovely too

Here bacon butties are ready

AND there is a Bengal on top of the parrot’s cage!

7 Likes

This is true and yet, we know The Fish does have feet. How else could they be painful?

The answer, it seems to me, is obvious - The Fish is, in fact, a mermaid.

7 Likes

I cannot trust the BBC not to have added completely irrelevant music to that programme, since they seem to feel obliged to add it to everything else they broadcast.

We used to call irrelevant music “interference” when I were a young thing, and juggle the station a bit to get rid of it.

6 Likes

Mermaids don’t have feet either, think on, TFM.

Except in this case I might be walking on a knife, soIsuppose it makes sense.

Anyway, today it is red and angry looking but doesn’t actually hurt, which is an improvement.

How is Carinthia’s pore head, I wonder… Better I hope.

6 Likes

Ah but it is well known (by me) that for every conventional mermaid there is another antimermaid, a sort of upside down mermaid, a bit like matter and antimatter. If it were not so, if mermaids and antimermaids were not in equal balance, then the universe would implode.

I hope it stays that way, and the red and angry look goes away too soon.

6 Likes

I too wish all cellarati healthy

Here I am knitting this wretched scarf

Will someone remind me to never ever ever go for 4ply for an adult in future please?

7 Likes

Could be worse; could be 4-ply black and a jumper for a rugby-playing lad with a 44" chest.

It was after that one my mother went on strike.

6 Likes

Fishy dear

You have met my embonpoint haven’t you?

Generous is a kind description…

Still I am down to the home straight of the scarf

Then I can play with a tealight a foil dish and organza and beads to make flowers to attach to brooch pins as little pressies for my crafty group

7 Likes

It is, thank-you Fishy

I have a cold, & am spotty& suspect that the Noo dose of HRT is messin’ wiv me 'ead abit

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes