So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

One of your Derbyshire Rellies was pecking about in the garden a couple of hours ago, Dunnock.

I have Sossingemeat on the side to make Haslet later.
It must have known…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Our name is Dunnock, 'cos there’s fahsands of the beggars.

6 Likes

An upcoming boardgame. Can’t imagine why I thought of you lot.

"In Hens you are a hens breeder! Each round you will play a hen card from your hand, trying to create a harmonious barnyard with different hen breeds. The rules to place cards are a few and simple, but the difficulty will be on making large groups of hens of the same breed.

At the end of the game you will gain points from your largest group of hens of the same breed in your barnyard, from your rooster token and from the goal card. Don’t forget some rare hens give you medals worth points at the end of the game."

7 Likes

Good luck with that…

8 Likes

That sounds like fun wee birdie

7 Likes

Please. Cheers, Darling.
How are the shingles?
Gxx

7 Likes

Says very carefully that I think that things may be improving.

Last week was a strange one with a lot of discomfort & mega bouts of sleep. I didn’t even order my Sunday newspaper, as I was asleep all day.

I was going to collect a prescription this afternoon, but decided against it, so will try again, with renewed purpose tomorrow.

I was also going to colour my hair, as I look like a badger, but am not doing that whilst I feel so off kilter

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Say rather “Elsa Lanchester”, dere!

7 Likes

The Haslet is cooling, & tastes wonderful

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Temptress!
Gxx

6 Likes

I expect there to be a few more Derbyshire Dunnocks around tomorrow… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

[innocent tseep]

6 Likes

Morning all

Our hovel has competing yet complimentary cooking wafts around the house

Last night’s chipotle chickpea barley risotto with a good portion left for tomorrow and the slow cooker doing tonight’s rich beef and veggie stoo which will have dumplings cooked in/on it

Good food for a diet is that if you are aiming for more avoirdupoids rather than fewer

8 Likes

You could eat Healthy Food, or you could just eat less of the Good Stuff. Having encountered low-fat ice cream, I’d rather do the latter.

Or get lots of exercise of course. [flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity]

yardarm

6 Likes

I eat less good stuff and fill up on salad before a meal

I remain a rounded sort of a person

Bacon butties ready

7 Likes

I was rather taken with Queen Victoria’s approach to weight loss, as described on R4 the other day - eat exactly what your doctor told you to eat and then eat all your normal diet as well. Good thinking, that.

7 Likes

I knew a man who, when he hit twenty stone, decided that something had to be done about it. So he bought a large pack of Complan in each of the three flavours they had then, read the instructions carefully, and had the recommended amount at breakfast, lunch and supper.

Note that I said at, not instead of. He drank it with the meals. But I don’t think he would have known about Queen Victoria as a role model.

7 Likes

Heaves at the thought of Complan :nauseated_face:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I am remaining at 90-100 kilos but I am losing height so I remain round

But alive and I intend to stay that way by cooking decent food from scratch so I know what is in it daily as much as possible

I firmly believe that good nutrition leads to better health

7 Likes

Less to do with avoirdupois than with bread-making, but my current earworm is ‘I’m doubled, I’m doubled, I’m doubled in size…’
Enjoy it, all.

7 Likes