So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

Fair enough - but it might be worth considering whether you might want to use a mic for other purposes - video, for example. The mics built into most camcorders are not great. Then again, you know what you need - I just think there are better mics out there in that price range.

6 Likes

Here follows a PSA:

If you shop in Lidl, on no account purchase the ‘Way to Go!’ milk chocolate bar with caramelised almonds and sea salt. I think it’s a trap of some sort…
[muffled chompity]

6 Likes

I think I really need to bite this particular bullet, and get the bits and bobs necessary to make up my own cables & pigtails [cable which plugs into the radio, and divides into mic connector and PTT connector]. I imagine it would be reasonably safe to assume most decent pro or semi-pro mics use 3-pin XLR and work on that basis [radio manufacturers aren’t that consistent: 4 different radios from the SAME manufacturer will probably have 4 different microphone connectors - bah humbug]. The Heil mics aren’t cheap, and if someone who knows says another make (which actually costs less) has a better spec - I should pay attention! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input … I’ll let you know when I eventually get around to this :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ooooooooo Gus you might need help with that

I am happy to offer my assistance

6 Likes

Very kind of you, Twellsy dear, but I’ll cope;- )

5 Likes

Poodle has a new rainbow toy and will not share:

Unless you have an bribe (like sausages, for example).

Soo xx

6 Likes

Sorry, the sossinges evaporated on the way to the poodle. Better try again.

6 Likes

She’s lookin’ at you.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I have some sossiges for a gorgeous Poodle girl

6 Likes

You may score for a teeny-tiny squeak of The Rainbow, Twellsy. How privileged is that?

Soo xx

6 Likes

This photie has me grinning like a loon. That ‘c’mon if you think yer hard enough’ gleam in her eye.
Thank you, dear Bee: it has made my day.
Gxx

6 Likes

That does just go on being a Splendid Dog!

6 Likes

She awaits sausages, but acknowledges recognition of her qualities.

We visited the Fish Quay, today. The weather wozz wot’s known as ‘filthy’ hereabouts, so few souls were out and about. This meant that we had a long and informative chat with the Fishwives (the Knitting One asked after our Chatelaine). Mr Bee enjoyed cod and chips, afterwards and I scoffed many of his chips with curry sauce. I’m aware that some dislike the curry sauce idea.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I am just loving the Poodle and any other dog I can have in my life

B’s puppy is a spaniel terrier cross who looks and behaves like a full springer spaniel and is feeling sorry for herself after her operation today

6 Likes

Curry sauce is absolutely fine, especially on sausage-in-a-bun, but not, I think, forra Poodle.

Does she prefer her sausages cooked or raw?

6 Likes

She really isn’t fussy, Fishers. As evinced by her disgraceful snaffling of the pink sausage meat, in 2019. Some ovvus have not forgiven her, but I loathe sausage rolls and welcome any scoffage that isn’t mine, so I remain devoted.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Heretic!
Gxx

6 Likes

Soz - more for you, Darling.
Soo xx

6 Likes

For me, a lot depends on the standard of the sausage-meat and the quality of the pastry.

6 Likes

For me, a lot depends on others liking the buggas.
Soo xx

6 Likes