So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

After your meal last night I am really fancying a Schnitzel-Semmel, which is a small Wiener Schnitzel in a crusty Kaiser roll.

Sigh

That won’t be happening

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Say that ain’t so, Carinthia! We can have anything we want, surely? Schnitzel-Semmel sounds ideal, to me.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I would love to get my hands on some rose veal

6 Likes

M&S was the only place with it when I last bought some, Twellsy, but that was years ago.

Chatsworth Farm Shop certainly used to sell it but for Megabucks.

Ask your Butcher if anyone in the area has it - it’s an increasingly rare meat.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Saw a stoat, today. It was very easy to see as it was wearing its bright white winter camouflage… Very enjoyable walk with no blasted and blasting ‘breeze’. The temperature was just around 4°C but it felt pleasant.

Lateral flows, mañana, as friends are (hopefully) coming over for dinner and a natter. They’ll provide pud (thank goodness). We’re about to scoff bought pizza - not just any pizza, an M&S pizza - and salad.

Soo xx

5 Likes

After taking one of the gaming party home, I shall be making a mushroom stroganoff later. The decision about rice/pasta/mash/chips is yet to be made.

5 Likes

Yes and it is a by product of the dairy industry so it should be available

As it used to be a cruelly farmed meat it fell out of favour with a lot of people so farmers stopped raising it

Here they tend to squeeze bull calves and then let them grow on rough grazing as bullocks

I doubt if the abbotoirs would accept a veal calf for slaughter given the rules that are laid down for animal welfare

I must ask my butcher next time I see him

6 Likes

G’nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

5 Likes

:cocktail: Darling

I have been out for me Airing. Not nearly as cold as last night looked, Thank God.

There is an temporary shortage of deep tealights at Carinthia Towers, so I bought ornery ones from Tiny Tesco to ‘tide me over’

They are, frankly, not very good. They burn nowhere near 3 hours, & there is too much wax left in the container.

Hey Ho

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Ulster fries in chafing dishes folk

Extra puddings to ensure a wee birdie gets fed enough to keep it warm

6 Likes

Has anyone seen our sparrer?

7 Likes

That Bird has been recording.

7 Likes

Why, I was right here all the time. As I’m sure you’ll all remember if anyone should happen to come asking.

yardarm

8 Likes

You’d better eat those puddings up quick then - uneaten puddings are certain proof that The Sparrer Was Not 'ere.

7 Likes

Whup puggthumgsh?

7 Likes

Taps nose :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: xx

Our lateral flow tests are negative, so we’ll have our friends over this evening. These are the ones who are like old slippers (in a good way), so I’m really looking forward to their company.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Kind wishes to that joe…

We had a grand time with company.

Good nights, all.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Oof

Have swept for hours & hours, which is prolly an Good Thing.
Woke up in time to take me tablets though.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Morning all

Tis cold here so I am hugging the stove

6 Likes

Bright, but bitterly cold here too.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes