So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

[yawnity] tseep?

yardarm

5 Likes

Been walkies and itā€™s not too cold and calm

Calm enough for fecking midges to be around

7 Likes

Send them our way, Twellsy, theyā€™d soon perish in January! On second thoughts, donā€™t. They are indestructible as I can attest in the summer here. At least mosquitoes and black flies abound, the bitey kind, not house flies though obviously we have those as well. Not sure if we get midges.

7 Likes

akkkkakkkkurglekoff gaspity gaspity akk.
The affectionate Oaf was affectionately kneading me froat. I appreciate the sentiment, if not the practice.

7 Likes

Was the Oaf kindly using his claws or just lovingly kneading dough on your neck?

Bengals use scimitars

6 Likes

Claws were involved, though not, I think, maliciously.

6 Likes

Yes a loving sinking in of claws and kneading just to show he loves you

6 Likes

You know I tried that and the beak was Not Sympathetic.

5 Likes

2Ā° here, & feels like 0Ā° according to my wevver station.

Once again I havenā€™t been into town
Sigh

I have, however, sorted/rationalised 1 section of a kitchen cupboard

Yay

I thinkā€¦ :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

You must select your target for claw treatment wee birdie

The Oaf and the Bengals know their slaves adore them you see

The Beak may have met your bruvverā€¦

6 Likes

I donā€™t blame you, 5Ā° here and I havenā€™t left the house either. Thatā€™s more due to laziness than to the temperature though.

5 Likes

Laziness here too, TFM

Howsumevva

If I go tomorrow, I will get more done, & thereā€™s the added lure ovvan fresh Porky Pieā€¦

I will make an effort, & colour my hair tonight

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Ooof I am waddling

I had the leftover beef casserole and dumplings with sprouts and sweet cabbage for supper

I thought it was a small amount but it would have fed four of us

I am a large :pig:

Lonnie cā€™mere till I hug you

6 Likes

Sarah Brownā€™s ā€˜Vegetarian Kitchenā€™ cookbook has been neglected, of late. To redress this, I made her lentil croquettes with parsley sauce with a side order of roasted broccoli and cherry tomatoes, this evening. It w#rked for us.

The roofers are very competent and industrious. I have grown accustomed to the noise and itā€™s much reduced since The Dismantling. We have been offered kindly sanctuary with various neighbours, but there is really no need to take them up on it.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I had bacon baguettes - I used the part-baked ones from Tesco. I made an Martyr & red onion salad wot I ate first.

Iā€™m pleased that the noise level is bearable, Soo

Bins next & then hair

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I imagine it would w#rk for me too. Chicken was had here, though much of mine went down the Oaf, he being unaware that drumsticks were baked for him in an Separate Dish, without horrible seasonings < sigh >

Listen, little Bee: should you feel the need of a bit of respite, take your neighbours up on it and your own hot water bottle and throw. They will be happy to house a briefly slumbering Bee.
Competent and industrious is good, mind.
Gxx

6 Likes

They are kind, but I donā€™t need their help with this, Gus. Also - the roofing company would have the possibility of loads of w#rk around here, if our tiles are anything to go by - so porous are they that, when thrown into a handy nearby skip, they shatter into many pieces. I wouldnā€™t want it known that having oneā€™s roof replaced was a trial. Poor Oaf. I hope his tummy wonā€™t be upset, Gus.

Iā€™ll bee off to bed, looking forward to an un-badgered Carinthia in the morning.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Surely the Oaf was aware that that other food was already his, so he didnā€™t need to steal it?

(Or maybe thatā€™s just the way this scavengy bird thinks.)

6 Likes

Not sure that Oaf & aware appear in the same sentence, Dunnockā€¦

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

You can strike that one off yer worry list, Petal. He has a high tolerance for cadged chicken, plus I donā€™t give him the paprika/mustard/whatever skin, because that is mine.

Aye, well, I take your points entirely, but rest when you can, dear Bee.

Dear Spadger, heā€™s not that bright. But he can smell roast/baked chook a mile off
Gxx

6 Likes