So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

That’s a Grand Thing, Twellsy.

It has been very warm here, today, and not as advertised. Shopping was done but no walkies, as 23°C is far too hot for yer bee. I hope that the Carinthial Monday has/is being kind.

Soo xx

8 Likes

You have reminded me that I have an glue gun, Twellsy.

I can’t remember when I last used it.

Weary & aching today, Soo, & it has been raining for hours.

Leftover Sossinge & mash today, & I think that tomorrow may be smoked haddock Florentine.

The brain feels the need ovvan boost… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Ah, Carinthia. I am sorry that you are having a rubbish Monday. Weary and aching is crap - gentle hugs. Butterbean and fennel stew wozzet, hereabouts.
Soo xx

6 Likes

It’s not too bad, Soo
I don’t mind being weary when itizz weary from doing summat, like on Saturday. It’s the weary from doing nowt wot annoys…

Stew in June, eh? I think that ‘comfort food’ knows no season.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

When wot you have is a glue gun, every problem looks like… well, stay away from noisy neighbours. Thassorl.

6 Likes

[surprisingly large yawnity given the size of the bird]
Tseep?

yardarm

6 Likes

Morning wee birdie

Bacon buttie?

7 Likes

Yes
[peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity]
please.

Ah, the first bacon buttie of the day is the best. Except for the second. And really there’s not much between that and the third…

7 Likes

Unless there is a proper butcher’s own black or white pudding buttie perchance?

7 Likes

Research is indicated.

6 Likes

Places a platter of 4 butties in front of the wee birdie

One smoked bacon one pale bacon one white pudden one black pudden and stands back

7 Likes

And now… all the way from England… That Sparrer and the Amazing Disappearing Butties!

(edited to add: a recollection of me seedy yoof.

There are actually dunnock chicks under those Gaping Maws…)

7 Likes

And the only difference between the chicks and the adults is that the adults have fevvers

7 Likes

One of our neighbours is selling “fresh eggs” off their front wall.

I hear no chickens…

6 Likes

A quid for half-a-dozen.

5 Likes

‘Fresh eggs’ doesn’t actually mean very much.

They could be selling them for someone else, I suppose.

The last person anywhere near here selling eggs lived 3 doors away from Tiny Tesco, but hers were old & fairly rare breeds.

She was an old & fairly rare breed herself, & stopped keeping them after a particularly distressing visit from the Newbold Foxes…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

That is a shame.

6 Likes

The fox problem is a very long- standing one, but has got much worse over the last few years, as so many people feed them.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

And I note that they don’t say, as all but the cheapest supermarket eggs now do, “free range”.

6 Likes

Technically, there were no Free Range eggs here fer weeks, after an outbreak of bird 'flu.

They all had to be kept ‘indoors’. Adam’s Happy Hens had luxury barn accommodation, but were even happier when allowed outside…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes