So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

It was an even later late lunch, as I had a 'phonecall

Sigh

Howsumevva

Because I had buttered the bread this time, it was delicious cold

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I agree :grinning:

I hope that the 'phonecall didn’t bring, well, y’know, news…

Soo xx

6 Likes

It was fine, Soo

Friend of 40 odd years catching up

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Happy to read that.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I am happy to see wor Chatelaine

I hope all goes as well as it can for her…

6 Likes

Not jazz, then.

6 Likes

In the hovel we dined on egg fried rice with shredded crispy hoi sin chicken from Iceland

It was not so shabby if I say so myself…

6 Likes

Extreme fusion cuisine? It’ll be kung po hákarl next, no doubt…

6 Likes

Waste of good fermented shark, mutter mutter…

6 Likes

Cauli, cashew and pea curry with roasted kale hit the spot for us. One ovvus ate a naaaaaaaaaan bread and I didn’t mind.

I wonder how TFM is faring.

Soo xx

6 Likes

That, me dear wee Bee, sounds lush.
Gxx

6 Likes

Thanks, Gus - I’ve saved you a goodly portion :slight_smile:
Soo xx

Not of the naaaaaan bread, mind.

6 Likes

Double carbs, innit. Double bread, in fact;- ) Thank you for the lovely bowl of the main event, Soo
Gxx

6 Likes

I have been emptying the bins & have put the black bin out.

There is very little wind tonight, so am not expecting pirouettes… :wink:

I have run out of the brown paper carrier bags which fit the food waste caddy… :unamused:

Sigh & Spit

We aren’t allowed to use the biodegradable liners here (idiots), & the ones sold in Chinese supermarkets for Takeaways did the job perfectly.

Really good for storing mushrooms too…

Bitovvan Leftovers Fest here today, but tomorrow, there will be Chicken Soup made with the sparkling stock wot I made.

There will also be an belated St Patrick’s Day drink, as I didn’t want to skew the results of the blood test today… :wink::shamrock:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

A lovely Scots vet once looked at me humorous-like and said ‘diagnosis: alleycat’. The worst you’d be risking in these strange times, Darling, is 'diagnosis: lockdown '.
Yes, I know…
Gxx

6 Likes

Meanwhile we are not allowed to use paper bags, but must use the biodegradable liners. It seems to depend on which company is being paid to do the council’s job.

6 Likes

I have come to the conclusion that we are being stoat danced re recycling. I’ll still conform, however.

Tomorrow, being Friday, is BBC News Quiz Day. This had no significance for yer bees until a wee while ago, yet we are now fiercely competitive. I must bee abed and cultivate my brain (or summick).

Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

I think that you are both right, Soo & Dunnock. It drives me mad .

Different coloured bins, different Bluddy rules… BiL didn’t even have a kerbside glass collection, & was expected to go to a Bottle Bank in some dodgy pub car park…

I have sorted our/my recycling for over 40 years as a matter of course. Unless itizz made ridiculously easy/compulsory, people will just think soddit, & not bother

Sigh

The Junior Darlings will not use their food waste caddy because of the smell - this is where the paper bags help, but the fact that the bins are not emptied weekly doesn’t help either.

We can, in this area, dispose of plastics numbered 1-5 in the triangle
I know this, ‘cos I made it my business to find out, but a lot don’ t bother

Hey Ho

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Hot-water bottles are seriously underrated.
thassorl.
Nighters :crescent_moon:
Gxx

6 Likes

Ah, the subtle difference between :crescent_moon: and :banana: …

(Why am I awake? Let’s do something about that.)

6 Likes