So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

It was PISS OFF BIGGLES, in at least one case.

“This prompted the RAF to use the barn as a navigational landmark although flying higher to respect his wishes.”

7 Likes

We had a similar experience one year, sitting on the grass on Douglas Head watching their display over the bay. They’d swoop down low over the water then pull up sharply and fly just over our heads - thrilling and terrifying at the same time, and the noise was unbelievable!

Later that year they had a couple of accidents and at least one pilot died, might have been a couple, I’m not sure. Since then their displays don’t feature as much low flying, not that low at least, nowhere near as exciting.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s sad. There was an accident this year to one of our Canadian Snowbirds’ planes, killing one of the two people in it.

9 Likes

I have had black pudding wiv minted peas. Would have loved scallops wivvit…

Carinthia.xx

8 Likes

I hab god a code in the dose.

Gersnish!

7 Likes

Botheration!
Fiendish Ginger Drink?

5 Likes

Fiendish & Fearsome Ginger Drink sounds good

I have spent a frustrating hour trying to print summat. Lightbulb moment when I realised that the printer didn’t know the Noo router, so I introduced them

All fine & dandy, except that the black ink says that itizz almost full, azzit should, yet prints in a mardy shade of grey

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

A couple of possibilities:

There may be an “eco” setting somewhere that needs to be toggled, either in the printer settings or (if printing something from a website) on the page you’re printing from. It’s intended to encourage cheaper and more sustainable printing by cutting down on the amount of ink used, but more often that not just makes the print too faint to read.

If the printer hasn’t been used for a while, the heads may need cleaning. This will be either on the printer (if it has a control panel) or via the computer.

What make / model is the printer?

6 Likes

Thank-you Joe

I have run through the head-cleaning process,but it may need doing again

It’s an HP-ENVY-4500-Series

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Oh well, that’s the trouble, missus: yer ENVY runs sweeter on the green ink, see…

5 Likes

True, Dahlink

The colours are perfect, it’s just the black playing Silly Buggas

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Morning all

Bacon butties ready

7 Likes

That’s worth getting out of me nest for.

yardarm

6 Likes

You know, back in the day they were great. I know people with LJ3s that are still running.

They didn’t make that mistake again.

7 Likes

Mornings!

I’l ‘grab’ a bacon buttie anna picher to sustain me through the day. It’ll be a wet one, but we have the gear and shall get on wivvit.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I have just made a cauliflower cheese using 4 cheeses comte gruyere cheddar and parmesan

The sauce bites back!

7 Likes

As it should, Twellsy

My champion Cheese Scone maker always used a mixture of good cheeses & served them in smallish squares.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Well my cauli cheese is in the fridge so it just needs hotting up and being topped with more of my mix of cheses

I like a simple dinner that just gets hurled at the oven and served

7 Likes

It may be jacket potatoes here

Itizz cold, & raining

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Well we are having baked spuds with the cauli cheese

7 Likes