So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

7 Likes

Gin, Soo

Bound to need it…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

There may have been a tiny bit of beer last night. In other news, why is the sun so bright this morning?

yardarm

7 Likes

Clatter bang crash of pans on a stove

Waft of cooking smells

Plonk of Full Ulster Fry on platter outside the en sweet

With a pot of tea to wash it down

That’ll kill you or cure you wee birdie

6 Likes

[voracious peckity]

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Viral DOOM

Bin for a walk.

Some of the tree fungus is quite odd.

An Mysterious Plant:

6 Likes

Seems likely that it is a yellow weasel-snout. Oh, all right, a yellow dead-nettle, or artillery plant, but yellow weasel-snout is a very fine name.

7 Likes

Organising semi-virtual 60th birthday party for tonight. Am compiling playlist of all No 1s (Ireland and, where different or missing, UK) on 16 May each year. Ye gods there’s been some shite…

A word to the wise: try if at all possible to avoid sprogging round Eurovision season…

8 Likes

Peeve Of The Day

Ingredients listed in recipes that aren’t included in the instructions.

Rude words may have been uttered

6 Likes

A list would be appreciated, when you get time.

I live in total conviction that 1971 was THE year for music.

Then I actually look. It’s not pretty.

7 Likes

Well, some not pretty stuff, Armers, but an awful lot of stuff I enjoyed immensely:

My first love Jim Morrison died that year, however.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Consider it done! Check your email

7 Likes

Been bitten that way before. Unless it 's baking, one can generally work out what should be going on, but it is most irritating.

6 Likes

At least I caught it this time. But that was only because for once I was being a good boy and laid out all the ingredients before I started. The omission was fairly obvious. Actually, it was just oregano in a pressure cooker pizza sauce, so I just fecked it in with everything else. Could easily have missed it, though.

6 Likes

Agreed.

… & I bought ‘Riders on the Storm’ a matter of weeks before he died. Given ghat it had no guitar on it it’s some going that it remains in my all-time top singles.

I bought my first ever record with my own money that year … T.Rex’s ‘Ride a White Swan’. I got a radio for Christman 1970 & I was off.

Took to buying ex-juke box singles for 5p a go, rather than fresh ones for 50p. I must has amassed over 100 by year end. By flipping through boxes of those, 2 or 3 times a week my love affair with record labels began.

It was a good time to be a rock fan … lets forget Grandad, Ernie & fhe like.

7 Likes

You haven’t lived until you have heard a tuneful 3-year-old singing along with “Riders on the Storm” in the car… I am serious about tuneful: he hit the right notes, just a couple of octaves high.

7 Likes

I am now listening to The Doors. Gosh - the memories this evokes! Thinking back, I was very fortunate in having such an eclectic bunch of friends, whose musical tastes were a huge influence upon mine. Happy days.
Soo xx

6 Likes

…thanks to the zeal with which you had strapped him in?

6 Likes

Natural talent.

He can still sing; when he was living there he ended up in the Winchester Cathedral choir for a while.

6 Likes