So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

A mistake which no Bentley owner would forgive :wink:

6 Likes

Yes, I know; but I was being rude.

5 Likes

Be nice - the car is fairly blameless!

5 Likes

True. Unless you want to consider it an accomplice, I suppose.

5 Likes

Humph! Iā€™ve given up on knitting for today. For some reason I have zero concentration, zero coordination and zero patience - with myself.

I think Iā€™ll have a drink instead.

6 Likes

May I join you, TFM? Our states of mind and degrees of success with stick and string sound somewhat similar.
The work lamp is still on, though, warming a damp and sad Oaf (on my second-best bead mat), who keeps going out when it seems to be dry and getting Rained On almost immediately, poor feller.

What I would like to do is go to bed and not wake up until at least the end of March

7 Likes

But of course, we can drink and grump in harmony. Sleeping until April sounds the most wonderful idea, though I doubt I could do that since at the moment I seem to be quite unable to sleep through the night. I get to sleep alright but wake at 5 am and then just lie there feeling uncomfortable and fed up.

Yawn.

7 Likes

Crowley ā€˜nā€™ da Bonnet? (ā€œHoodā€ is a bit too Americanā€¦)

7 Likes

Commiserations.
Read on your tablet or kindle when you wake up, me dear (ideally a book you like enough to reread: pleasure without suspense). Sometimes one goes back to sleep that way. And sometimes one doesnā€™t biff oneself in the face with the device of choice in the process and wake up again with an unladylike oathā€¦

Iā€™m not selling this very well, am I?

7 Likes

Audiobooks are useful in such circumstances.

7 Likes

ā€˜Thereā€™s something strange in the neighbour-bonnetā€™ ?

One hesitates to suggest it might be a beeā€¦

7 Likes

Who ya gonna call?

Jill, I supposeā€¦

7 Likes

Heaven forfend. I still have some respect for me eardrums.

7 Likes

Musrum and a misguided accomplice also waylaid the rich. While Musrum made good his escape his accomplice was caught ā€¦ But how do you punish a field?

5 Likes

I have cooked a smoked ham joint

Porky Pie will be purchased tomorrow

Sossingemeat Stuffing has been removed from the freezer.

Peteā€™s Pickled Onions will be travelling with us

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Are they a sort of culinary St Christopher? Would one of them stop the average bullet?

Or are they just likely, as pickled onions tend to do, to persist once ingested?

7 Likes

They are Bluddy Lovely, Gus

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Keep Poodles away from this, Carinthia :wink: Iā€™m sure that youā€™ll have a great time with the JDs et al xx

Speaking, as I think we were, about bees in bonnets, I am happy to report that the bamboo toilet paper is up to the mark. I have yet to receive glowing reports from friends. While we discussed the possible merits, or otherwise, of such toilet tissue, one of our number suggested that with my proven dexterity concerning chopsticks I might employ these to apply the bamboo. How we larfed - well, he did. Pointy sticks, indeed.

Pickled onions {{{swoon}}}. DD had concocted pickled shallots for Christmasā€¦they were totally fab.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Sell it to Brian, apparently

7 Likes

The onions are in an 200g coffee jar, Soo.

If it is broached at the weekend it wonā€™t get as far as Bude

SiL doesnā€™t eat them, & GDā€™s fiance is unlikely to , but The Lad, GS & we 3 ladies love them

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes