So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

There’s a Victoria Sponge here who says ‘Outside, now!’

6 Likes

There is nothing wrong with making a Victoria sponge with the kitchen smelling of fried onion, is there?

5 Likes

I like cabbage, particularly Savoy, but I cannot bear it being cooked in the same water as boiling bacon. We only had it twice a year, but those days were Very Bad…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I bake bacon and lightly steam chiffonaded cabbage

We like veg with texture

I am covered with bruises after a fall today going into crafty group

Poor old bat tripped on a door jamb

8 Likes

Bloomin’ 'eck Twellsy. Take it easy lass.

But, given that it’s done, I do hope you took a couple of passers-by down with you.

7 Likes

Landin’ on 'em would have been favourite - they tend to be softer than the ambient floor…

Twellsy, I do hope you aren’t too sore. You really must end this abusive relationship with gravity - it’s just not good for you.

6 Likes

Gravity… is a harsh mistress.

5 Likes

I have put the Recycling Bins out

Itizz Ferking Cold

Tomorrows task for my Lenten Struggle will be to install the Noo Router, so I had better get my Hemails sent ASAP, whilst the Internetty is still around

Strong Drink will, I’m sure, be needed

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

The cars is befrosted.

4 Likes

Poor old bat is compromised by the thinning, as well. Gawds, Twellsy.

We had salad Niçoise with fried prawns, tonight, and it was good. Auntie Joan is failing, but has a good neighbour who is going above and beyond to keep her at home. This is a Good Thing.

Tomorrow, I plan an Aldi supermarket sweep of gin and wine. And, some Alstroemeria/oatcakes/other stuff.

Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Soo

I have been looking for you

Don’t ferget yer Gin, Darling

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Very wise. Stocking up for the coronavirus Apocalypse, or just stocking up?
Laid in rather a lot of catfood today.

Very sorry about `Auntie Joan, but what an excellent neighbour.
G xx

4 Likes

You found me, Carinthia :wink:

Yes Gus, she is, and she does stuff that I simply can’t manage as I live too far away. As I left AJ, I told her I loved her and she told me that she loved me, too. Too soppy for words, and you can’t possibly know the history, but, well…

I should go to bed. Best dreams,

Soo xx

4 Likes

Good night, wee Bee. Large hugs.
G xx

4 Likes

Very quiet in here. Someone left this

YARDARM

outside. Best get it in before anyone trips over it…

7 Likes

:zzz:
:bird:

All the worms are even more hungover than I am.

7 Likes

THUMP THUD

OOOOOOOOWWWWW

I have tripped again over that yardarm
Please stow it neatly

At least the Underfoot Men are soft to land on and a page3 page caught the tray of bacon butties

When I tripped yesterday I was going in the door of crafty group

My rehab worker inspected the doorway with an eye to safety and a report will be going in

I am so sorry to have caused trouble to my group through my clumsiness

I would not for all the tea in China have made work or a problem for my lovely rehab assistant or ABI as a whole

7 Likes

Our river is mildly in spate.

As I went to the post office and back, the rain slanted from upper right to lower left. All the way.

7 Likes

A friend, a rather exessive engineer, has a back garden which is bordered by the River Alun, a tributary to the Dee, who’s floodplains are already fully swamped.

The river has risen, notably. I asked if he had concerns that it may rise further & endanger his house.

I nentioned he was an excessive engineer … well, he began to explain the angle of his garden slope, depth & width of the river at various stages, the soakaway point of the field opposite, rain levels, flow rates … and more.

I woke up to the phrase “… so we should be alright”.

8 Likes

Alternating snow & thick rain all morning

Thickish rain all afternoon so far

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes