So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

There is a place in Hell for those who did that.

My mother’s cat - also a rescue - Ebony, was called Ruby when she got her. I was rather sad she renamed her.

5 Likes

And these were ,‘just because’ flowers thst arrived today. Feel warm and fuzzy every time I look at them

7 Likes

Well, I don’t know who sent them, but ‘just because’ izza very good reason, Gus.
Soo xx

7 Likes

Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo zzzz

6 Likes

I do.
Ittiz nothing untoward or flirtatious or inappropriate. They just happened to be roses when what my kind friend wanted, knowing my passion for the waxy little buggers, was tulips. There are some tulips in there but, it being such a poor photie you can’t see 'em. I can ;- )

6 Likes

…no problem here, as the Garlic & SPLAT makes damned sure nobody can stand being closer than about 15 feet (5 metres) from me! :wink:

5 Likes

…why so sad? (hint: read what T. S. Eliot’s “Old Possum” has to say about the naming of cats. (…see one of my other posts), I refrain from repeating it here lest I annoy TheRestofTheWorld!

5 Likes

Simply because I prefer Ruby as a name; but since I address the beast as ‘Mrs Puss’ most of the time, it makes little practical difference to me.

5 Likes

Gorgeous flowers Gus

Roses with alestromeria and sweet little purple/pinky coloured tulips

Do you boil the roses Gus?

It helps their longevity

7 Likes

I didn’t in this instance. But I have been known to do so.

Doesn’t work on hamsters… or ‘soup’, as they might more properly be classified

7 Likes

Ach for good soup you need capybaras - more meat on em

7 Likes

Or you can make really good soup from snotty brat sterilising protocols

You know the one where you set a big pot of water on to boil and add a load of salt then when furiously boiling drop a snotty brat in and put the lid on with a very heavy weight on it

Boil for two hours and you will have a beautifully clean brat

7 Likes

Just make sure they don’t get out and push you into your oven. See “Health and Safety in the Home Thaumaturgical Workplace”.

yardarm

7 Likes

[wipes down yardarm with bleach]

There you go, folks.

[retreats back under duvet and, more than likely, cat]

6 Likes

Proffers Ulster fries

Apparently Aldi in our local town had to close and call the Gardai last week due to a fight that broke out over the last bags of frozen chips

7 Likes

Sunday, 8pm here (midnight there) we fly back to blighty, arriving at 9am.

I think I’d rather stay.

The poor buggers here are watching planes arrive with next to no-one on & remove a plane load of tourists. Slowly hotels & restaurants are emptying. I think we’re amongst the final handful. I guess it’s no different the World over. Tourism here is 40%+ of their economy.

Anyway, we already have a freezer and cupboards full of food as I’m a habitual restocker … & I could do with a diet.

Self-isolating will be a cinch as I’m a miserable sod.

Everyone tells me it’s all a bit eerie.

6 Likes

The main facer is when people you had thought to be quite sensible start to email doom and gloom into your inbox, with dire warnings to the effect “I am just sitting here waiting for people I know to die” – with the implication that since they are an expert who knows about illness they won’t catch it, but all us silly little people will because we don’t have them with us at all times to slap our hands if we were going to go anywhere near anyone else.

It’s enough to make you want to go and ride around on the Underground all day breathing heavily and wiping every surface you can find before sucking your thumb, really. Or to put it another way, there’s someone I won’t be bothering to talk to in future.

5 Likes

Dear Expert,
Is it safe to slap someone silly so long as one washes one’s hands thoroughly afterwards? Asking for a friend.
Gus

[I wonder how long will it be post-slapping before the Expert realises that I have also stolen her soap. All of it.]

5 Likes

Why do people “high five” each other if they do anything?

What is wrong with saying something like Well Done?

5 Likes

Coz itz well kool innit

4 Likes