So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I think that would be a splendid sight

7 Likes

Manx sheep wrestling in creamed corn, anyone?

7 Likes

[worried look]

You sure youā€™re getting enough gin, Gus?

7 Likes

evidently not!

I am being draggged quackwards with temp shortness of breath ad wheezing

Dammnita\nd buggrit

7 Likes

Ah. Iā€™m sure an extra pint or so wonā€™t do any harmā€¦

8 Likes

Buggrit indeed, Twellsy.

7 Likes

Right Iā€™s back

clutching antibā€™s that look like heffalump pills and LARGE extravagant stair rod numbers of pills

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad youā€™re back home, Twellsy, but very sorry that you have yet another pulmonary illness.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Have you ever been offered pulmonary physiotherapy, Twellsy? Might be worth enquiring if not.
Sorry if that is an unwanted interference or suggestion of the bleedinā€™ obvious.

Oh, and get well soon. Hoof those idle felines out from the prime spot by the Warm and bask in it yerself, dere.

6 Likes

Satisfactory indeed. I had a Labradoodle leaning on me yesterday and pinning my foot to the floor with one paw so that the head rubbing would not stop.

9 Likes

I was twice treated to the leanings of a Great Dane, Janie. If anything can knock one sideways, that breed can.

Weā€™ll be off to the Scottish Borders, tomorrow. There is a house we rather fancy and a decent-looking restaurant nearby. Best wishes to Carinthia xx, for getting through another Monday, and Twellsy xx for getting through another chest infection without hospitalisation.

Best nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

The dog to hold you down by sitting lovingly on your feet is the Briard. So definite is this that on one occasion, when I was waiting at a pedestrian light and two enchanting bundles of black hair came and sat themselves one on each of my feet while their owner tried to move them with their leads, I smiled and said ā€œBriards?ā€ and she was so surprised that I recognised them she dropped both leads. ā€œHow did you know that?ā€ she exclaimed; I pointed to them and said, ā€œBut they are sitting on my feet,ā€ as all the explanation needed. They were indeed Briard pups: five months old, and just beginning to realise their duty in life, which is clearly to sit on any stationary foot which they encounter.

7 Likes

Iā€™d love a pack of Briards to sit on my tiny frozen feet, Fishers.
Soo xx

7 Likes

ā€¦echoes of "Three-Dog Night" start flitting through this ancient mind! :wink:

6 Likes

I would be tempted to get at least one for the same reason except that they do need exercising.

6 Likes

Quite a lot of exercising, regrettably/happily in my case, Fishers. Iā€™d dearly love almost any sort of canine, but have taken to calling my treadmill ā€˜Fidoā€™. Feck.
Off to bed,
Soo xx

5 Likes

ā€¦well then, you can exercise you footsies at the same time, thus removing the need to warm them up! (Q.E.D.)

Question: Dare I venture into the WorldOfMiddenScrapings today, folks?

6 Likes

Leonburghers are another leaning K9

Gus dear I have a set of exercises that I do daily when I am up to them
Bespoke by a speech terrorist as my vocal chords get involved

But I cannot do these sans voice

Who cheered my having no voice?

6 Likes

Oooh, exciting. Safe journeys and good luck.
G xxx

6 Likes

Gin, Soo

Lots ovvit

Tenters Hitched fer Scotland

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes