So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I would love such a beastie to terrorise my garden…

And repel unwelcome intruders!

4 Likes

Well, if that’s what you feel, Twellsy. Remember - a Goat isn’t just for Covid. You’d have to tolerate the Blighter way beyond these straitened times.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I know

I could set it on my numerous hydrangeas

What the RHS calls maximum height and spread of them differs from our wilderness

Then there are the brambles

And the grasses

An acre of temperate rain forest ground needs a lot of pruning

Or a few goats!

I really want alpacas and a set of shears a carding machine and a spinning wheel

Grow your own wool!

6 Likes

Just remember that the goat’s favourite food is prize rose-bushes, or any rose-bush that you cherish.

Its second favourite food is yew.

5 Likes

… & it’s third is YOU !

Goats eyes, btw, the weirdest thing that doesn’t live in water.

6 Likes

I don’t think that goats are amenable to instruction, Twellsy.
Have you ever been charged (not money) by a goat? DD and I had this experience when she was quite wee, but she still remembers our terrified flight with shivering shudders. As do I, but I bee up, in such situations.

My friend’s DS (the one with confirmed and uncomfortable Covid-19) is feeling more The Thing.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Pleased to hear that, Soo

I spoke with an Austrian friend this afternoon, as I hadn’t heard from him for a while.
He went on holiday to Thailand where he apparently contacted a mild form of Dengue Fever!
He was quarantined for a week there in a room in a 5 Star Hotel.

Deemed well enuff to return to Austria, he has to stay at home for another 90 days…

I need a Drink!

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

We must imagine warmer and less infested times, Carinthia.

Cheers, Darling!

Soo xx

4 Likes

I am glad that the young man had a known fever

Here I have menopausal symptoms in that I want my feet in the freezer and the rest of me in a cold bath

I hate it when I can’t get comfy for hot feet

5 Likes

Thank-you Soo

Looks delicious

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Tastes even better, Carinthia.
I’ll leave the bottle, for you to finish (should you wish) as I must go to bed.
Stay well, Cellarites, all.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Careful now, bai

6 Likes

Not charged exactly, but butted… I was doing a Lytton Strachey number between it and my offsprog.

Oh, and the first time my dear Dad heard me say < prepare your horrified intakes of breath now, Cellarites > ‘Bugger off!’ was when a goat tried to eat my skirt. That I was wearing at the time. He felt it unnecessary. I felt he was being unreasonable. Later the same day a goose went for it. The Dad was really quite surprised at what I said to the goose…
The skirt was obviously asking for it. Brazen garment that it was, flaunting its polka dots on a provocative navy ground…

Oh, and Soo - glad to hear the encouraging news about the friend’s lad.
Gxx

5 Likes

Late SiL took toddler grandson to the White Post Farm, which was, & still is where children can observe & play with the animals.
Whilst she was talking to said child, a ‘Ruddy Goat*’ chewed her very nice dress.

*She hardly ever swore, & I think of them as Ruddy Goats still.

BiL was a different matter… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

The Ma is slightly shy of horses. With the insensitivity of youth, I rather despised her timidity, until one day she told me the story.
She went out for a walk with her uncle and his then girlfriend, later to become my wholly wonderful Auntie Mabel. The Ma was very proud to be wearing her beautiful new green coat. They were blackberrying. An hoss came up behind her. Well, Uncle Bill was very comfortable with The Horse (I have never bet on the Flat since he died) and thought little of it; Horse saw nice coat, stretched in and lifted the poor little Ma off the ground by the yoke of the coat. She was returned to terra firma in short order, but her new coat was all over horse slobber and she was heartbroken at that as well as discombobulated - as a small child has every right to be when suddenly hefted into the air by unseen teeth - and it was clearly a Formative Incident.
After I learned that, I always stood between her and horses very bravely.
The lass who later became Auntie Mabel was petrified about what my grandmother’s reaction was going to be. I think it involved a pot of strong tea, but then that was Gran’s immediate response to most things :wink:

Best narrowing down puts the Ma at three years old at the time.

6 Likes

There is an Unpleasant Thrumming here. Why? No, it is not an helicopter. I do wish it would go away, though, whatever it is. It is making me twitchy. And you really wouldn’t like me when I am twitchy.

5 Likes

It’s the sound of nature, normally unheard due to traffic. The Earth renewing itself. It thrums.

Or it might be aliens.

5 Likes

This morning we have mist. Not that there would be any point in flyin’ to the pub even I wanted to.

yardarm

6 Likes

Hmm

Agricultural attack critturs are never a source of worry to me

One ancient Gt Aunt had geese as guard dogs and Christmas pin money

I used to take the gander for walks round the farm and he was a bit of a dote really

With me and the elder

Anyone else got full attack goose

Another Gt Aunt had goats and used to sit me at the table and feed me a bowl of goat milk

She taught me to milk goats

Then when she went into hospital I and Grandad were the ones who the goats let milk them

When goats object to intimate attack by people they really let you know of their protest

Some day I might tell of a donkey derby if I have not done so

7 Likes

Apropos nothing in particular, here’s a gem of a statement (found on The Register, quote from a “tech” company):

While we never intended to deceive any of our customers, we recognize that there is a discrepancy between the commonly accepted definition of end-to-end encryption and how we were using it,

In simpler language, by analogy: “Oh, so square shaped products are a thing. Let’s call our triangular shaped products ‘square’, and if anyone notices we’ll just explain that to us, '‘square’ means ‘it has three sides’. That’ll fox them! Bandwagon time … kerching!!!”

8 Likes