So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

The tea is not uncharacteristic; do you generally not have buttered sultana scones?

7 Likes

They are by no means a daily occurrence, no; but the refained element was the timing, which dignified the event as “Afternoon Tea”.

6 Likes

Post-yardarm, you mean?

6 Likes

Ooo I say hoe elegant Gus

Here I have put my order in to the butcher and he will have it ready for our neighbours to collect manana por la manana

The scribble of a list is being typed by the Bull for legibility

I hate being dependent on folk but the only thing I can do is remain isolated and try to be patient

I was chatting by phone to B and apparently a neighbour considers having friends in for tea to be isolating herself

We are not amused and B will definitely not be taking up an invitation for tea for herself and childer

B played ring the bell and run away here on her walk today

She has made peanut and chocolate cookies and wanted to drop some off for us so they were bagged and put on the windowsill and the doorbell rang

She scarpered to the end of the drive so we could wave and call friendly greetings to each other

Our shopping neighbour has got a new answering service - ten years old going on twenty

It’s nice to chat to the childer while they summon their parents

I am trying alcohol bread - I put the last of my live yeast in a bottle with an airlock with water and sugar

This makes alcohol and more yeast so I have used half of the contents of the bottle to make bread with

It is rising slowly so I will feed the bottle and pop it back in the fridge

7 Likes

“what could possibly go wrong?”

7 Likes

Hic!

Whaddya meansh?

I knowsh alkyfrolic thangsh

6 Likes

Precisely my point, dahlink.
[grinnity]

7 Likes

Bread has been bought

Fish Finger sandwiches will be made…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I bloody LOVE fish-finger sarnies. On.heavily buttered self-sliced tin-loaf with an inappropriate amount of salt & a pot of tea.

For me no ketchup or even tartar sauce but be my guest. (Burp).

6 Likes

Meanwhile, fresh crusty loaf just out of the oven. (Still using the last of the standard strong white - enough for one more loaf after this, then on to the T65…)

6 Likes

I don’t eat Fetchup, but some good TaTa sauce wouldn’t go amiss

There were a couple of very unpleasant people in the shop, who were fairly drunk & abusive

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Nearly perfect. I’ll just add a squeeze of lemon.

Yum.

7 Likes

\_______/ <------ Me Plate, Joe

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

A little more on marauding goats in Llandudmo …

6 Likes

The class were asked asked to write a poem including the word “ransom”.

This was on the paper one of them handed in to the teacher:

“Down at the bottom of a deep ravine
A wild-cat sat with a sewing machine.
The sewing machine it went so fast
It put seventeen stitches in the wildcat’s elbow
And she ran some.”

4 Likes

Snortle, Fishy

5 Likes

I blame my mother…

5 Likes

You’re not the only one, dere < winky wotsit >

5 Likes

I still wanna goat!

Living goat with attitude please…

5 Likes

But, not a 23 stone Billy from the Isle of Man, Twellsy, as reported by TFM. I wouldn’t want to be terrorised by such a Beast in my Cellarly Sanctuary.

Soo xx

4 Likes