So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Indeed. Lots of scope for experimental fireballs
Oh, and accomplished baguettes < not jealous or at all conscious of baking inferiority, perish the thort >

7 Likes

yardarm

If you toast the flour first, thatā€™ll make all sorts of interesting new breadā€¦

6 Likes

Ooo flourā€¦

We have a delivery slot for the 20th so list is under way

Soo I suspect that you feel like I do about the clapping it makes my teeth itch and as for not allowing folks who can to stay at home to work without a fight there are circles of Hades reserved for them

The clapping is an hysterical thing whipped along with faceache and twatter et al

I am not a fan of maudlin outpourings of emotions

The best way to thank people especially healthcare workers is to stay healthy by following expert advice so when this is over you are alive and then LIVE your life

8 Likes

ā€œOur people did amazing things in a terrible situationā€ is a positive friendly message to send, and can distract attention from ā€œthe situation was terrible because we have been penny-pinching for the last several decades and they have to do amazing things just to get through the dayā€. I highly recommend Acts of God: The Unnatural History of Natural Disaster in America (Ted Steinberg); applying its principles to other countries is not hard.

(The edition I read came out just before Katrina, and predicted in detail how that would go.)

7 Likes

The reaction to Katrina still makes my blud boil

Bacon butties ready folkā€¦

7 Likes

Yes please.

Then I have to decide. Knitting or housework?

Tricky one, that.

6 Likes

Well, today, in full sympathy with the Fish Finger I jabbed the pad of my thumb with the pointy bit of a sharp knife.

No. I donā€™t know either.

Just an exaggerated pin prick really, but the outpouring of blood was remarkable. Even Mrs. Armrest was surprised.

I now anticipate, with some glee, the condition known as ā€˜Wintergreen Fingerā€™.

9 Likes

Knitting for me

Dinner here will be easy - rib eye steak with lyonnaise potatoes

So the Bullā€™s gansey will get done today

He seems happy with it - it is not fancy just a plain sweater for gardening and round the house

7 Likes

The trick seems to be to hover over your keyboard and, at one minute past midnight, pounce! I got even luckier, though; after booking a slot on the just-added day (the 24th), and completing a basic shop to confirm and keep it, I spotted a slot had become available a few days earlier. Maybe someone cancelled ā€¦

8 Likes

not ā€˜better pay and conditionsā€™, then?

Afraid that makes my teeth itch a bit in its turnā€¦

6 Likes

Good morning, Cellarites.
I now have zero-palm-oil stock, thanks to TFM :kissing_heart:

An unexpected bonus of endless staring at the garden is that I have become expert at naming (accurately) the various narcissi Mr Bee has planted. I have to w#rk at my hosta recognition (most of them are barely a tip-ovva-leaf).

Well done with flour acquisitions. We have sufficient bread flour and yeast for another 3 loaves - no wholemeal, though.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I can hear buzzing

Sigh

Carinthia orff onna bee hunt

This will be the 3rdā€¦

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Are you sure thatā€™s not me, Carinthia? Iā€™ll go quietly, if asked :wink:

How are the Eyes?

Itā€™s about time I showered and readied myself for the dayā€¦A walk across the fields beckons.

Soo xx

6 Likes

The eyes are still annoying, but not as bad, thank-you

Itizz an bumble bee, again, & I believe, in the same place

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Today I had my regular five-sneezes-a-day (that Iā€™ve been having since October or so) all in one go just now, which was interesting and has left me a little light-headed. If I didnā€™t know me or them, no doubt I would be in a taking about them. Just as well not to go to the shops if Iā€™m going to do that; people would probably faint. Or stone me. or something.

7 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Viral DOOM

I have had a ā€˜nervousā€™ cough for as long as I can remember. Itā€™s just there. Plus hallergies & so sneeze, usually severally, regularly. In a civilised, covered mouth, hankie available sort of way.

I try to not do it now, if out, but itā€™s so ingrained that I do it almost unknown. People do step back a little. I quite like the power tbh.

Mrs. Armrest does surprisingly fierce stares ā€¦ at me ā€¦ if out & has some proficient at handing me a tissue. Irritatingly proficient.

6 Likes

The five-a-day recommendation is entirely arbitrary and there is considerable international variation in target levels: in Japan, for example, the guideline is seven or eight a day.

6 Likes

Your regular 5 is my regular 20 -sneezes, that is :wink:

The antihistamine helps, but I have tried to train myself not to sneeze so violently whilst driving, as closing oneā€™s eyes whilst driving is Nottan Good Thing, generally speaking

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

In a fit of entirely uncharacteristic refainment, I am having a cup of tea and a buttered sultana scone.

7 Likes