So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

They’d have to emigrate if they want to survive that way. We only have one small landfill site here and everything combustible is used in the energy from waste plant.

4 Likes

We have a landfill tip on the outskirts of Ottawa that had thousands of gulls that were causing a problem with phosphorus in the storm drains and consequent algae so they hired and are still hiring some Harris hawks to deal with the gulls.

8 Likes

I grew up on a beach with a cliff on one side and a small island that provided nest sites for sea birds

Gulls were never a problem unless they were formation dancing on the tv aerial

I frequently went rock pooling near their homes and they ignored me

6 Likes

I’m a bit surprised they make it as far as Ottawa. I suppose we must blame the Seaway. Though a quick check confirms we are not on the St. Lawrence Seaway.

5 Likes

So you didn’t bring them your bacon butties, I assume?

6 Likes

I once had the pleasure of an unexpected gull for dinner. I relinquished my fish ‘n’ chips for the sake of peace.

Off to bed - I am grinding my teeth and sharpening my sting rather than replying to posts elseboard. But, if any other of my neighbours implores me to clap I’ll snap.

Best dreams, Cellarites.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Big Hugs, Soo

And Gin

My day has involved talking to a friend about her mother’s funeral, which takes place tomorrow, sans family or anyone, really, & another friend about what is happening to the homeless during the current situation.

She is still going out taking her ‘group’ sandwiches & dog food.

Have put the Black bin out

Matching Negligible, of course

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Gus, :black_heart: should do the trick.

Orf to me nest.

5 Likes

I’m glad that you are keeping up appearances, Carinthia xx.
I apologise for being such a crosspatch about the whole clapping thing, but DD is deemed ‘essential’ as an NHS office manager and is not only travelling to w#rk Monday to Friday on crammed public transport, but has been asked to (possibly) w#rk the weekend to cover for a ward clerk who is having to self-isolate and DD is still covering night shifts in her voluntary w#rk. SiL is already feeling the pressure of his voluntary w#rk, as the Covid-19 effects are starting to bite with many of the callers. DiL has also been declared 'essential, as a CAB w#rker and it has taken negotiation to allow her to w#rk from home (she has much reduced lung function and a present chest infection). DS is forlornly furloughed and I’m just a worried little bee.

Oh, well.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Don’t think I could manage a whole one…

6 Likes

I doubt that they are worth the bother, joe. Feisty buggas, they are.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Hugs, Bee, to you and yours. Little use, I know, but the lot of you are in my thoughts. And there is a Candle (many of my best friends are arsonists; and some have six legs and go bzzz).
Gus xxxx

5 Likes

I am constructing an Shopping List

Booze features, as do fags…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Non-essential! Burn the Witch!

And then burn the Gus, who is doing the exact same. [grinnity]

6 Likes

Eh??

5 Likes

She’s joking, Joe…

I hope :wink::joy:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Some things should not be uttered, even in jest…

5 Likes

It’s quite an eclectic list so far
Booze
Fags
Martyrs…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I actually got (whisper it) flour today. 25kg of proper French baguette flour to be precise. I’m rather looking forward to the next few days…

8 Likes

Excellent, Joe

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes