So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

They won’t let me have a goat, either. But we have got a smoking area. And all the other amenities. And the company. And we prefer you without broken bits, on the whole. And ourselves, come to that.

7 Likes

Quite right too…

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I told you not to build the barbie near the firework store…

8 Likes

Talking of firework store, spot the one in this amazing short film from NZ. It was the best film I had the pleasure of seeing in 2018! Brilliant ideas, funny, and most creative! (…lots of in-jokes/asides) - Enjoy:

Here’s a link to an article about in in the New Yorker:

:wink:

7 Likes

Thank you, Sturmers. Shall watch it anon.
No one else in the cellar is a pyrophile, after all ;- )

Actually, no I won’t, because the video is unavailable to me here, boo. Not that one is feeling pyrophilic in general at the moment, of course

7 Likes

It’s on youtube, and also on the New Yorker web-site. It’s also available on amazon Prime. Good luck! BTW the film is only 8 minutes in length but (IMNSHO) quite magical, and (…did I mention?) there is a kitty! :smile:

6 Likes

Yay - the joys of VPN!

Loved the helicopter. It appealed to my sensitive, caring side…

(A twist that would have made Pargetter’s Plummet even more memorable)

6 Likes

I thought the attention to detail was pretty good - e.g. when the fire-truck comes out onto the street, check the way the rear-wheels and suspension move (…pretty accurate, I think!)

6 Likes

Aga! (…that must mean flepjecks! …or even casseroles!) :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

5 Likes

7 Likes

That’s pretty.
So, a bulk delivery of Weather, then?

7 Likes

High levels of rain and hail driven by a very very strong wind

Has it landed with you TFM?

7 Likes

It’s just beginning to get going, the rain is just starting but wind only up to 35mph so far. The sky is almost black looking West though.

7 Likes

83 mph gusts and still deepening…

Stay safe TFM

7 Likes

Horizontal rain here…

7 Likes

Not on this screen, though d3ot (which is how it starts before it gets into diamonds with ?s in them) might be a reference to three dot water.

5 Likes

Have you the horizontal hail in with the rain Joe?

5 Likes

No hail here, yet

Plenty of rain & wind though, & iizz chuffing cold

Another bad night here, but the morning was enlivened (!) at 8-45am when the Pharmacist from our GP practice called

Apparently, the results of my bone scan are outstandingly good , given that my BMI is high, & I am an smoker

Carinthia.xx

8 Likes

Well, hurrah for the bones being sound! I would call that Good News. Did you do a lot of skipping as a child?

7 Likes

Itizz indeed Good News, Fishy

We all skipped as children, well, the girls did, because there were lots of skipping games played in the street/playground. I’ll have you know that I was ‘dainty’ then. My Mother didn’t think that my legs would hold me !

How times have changed…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes