So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Sorry - that link didn’t work at all, so I deleted it.

I think so - it certainly sounded rather percussive. I wasn’t about to go outside to check, though!

Seems to have passed - it’s now eerily quiet!

6 Likes

Yes we got the eye passing but the wind is picking up again

7 Likes

And now there’s a strange bright light in the sky…

I think the rest is likely to pass us by - at least, that’s what the radar seems to suggest (the blue dot is us!)

Looking a bit rough for TFM & Soo, though:

6 Likes

I think I must owe Twellsy and Joe a big thank you for taking the edge off this one. I have no intention of going out in it but so far, it could be a lot worse.

Though, there are reports of trees down all over the place, and a bin lorry has blown onto its side in Onchan.

7 Likes

Skipping has long been said to strengthen the bones of children, Carinthia, and the effect is supposed to last the rest of your life.

I discovered this when I was forty, when it was a little late for me to try it: it only works before adolescence sets in, apparently.

6 Likes

We now have that weird ‘centre of the storm’ light - when the skies all around are dark but the sun is getting through just above. Oddly creepy.

7 Likes

Just in case you’ve forgotten, when someone asks you if you’re a god, you say “yes”.

7 Likes

I am prepared to admit that I am divine - divinely daft!

7 Likes

I was, & am useless at any form of sport, so it’s prolly a good job that I skipped!

Ballroom Dancing was the most consistent weight-bearing exercise I did for years

Shades of Joyce Grenfell…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Sometimes I think my bones are the least dense thing about me…

7 Likes

My bones are properly dense

I skipped and danced everywhere as a child

I still can dance galleon like

8 Likes

Stately as a galleon, Twellsy?

7 Likes

Am constructing an Martyr & Garlic Mushroom sauce to have wiv Meatballs

Itizz cold, wet, & blowing an Hoolie ,so I feel the need of Summat Substantial

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Wot a Very Fine Idea, Carinthia.

A good solid beer to go wiv it?

6 Likes

Please, Dunnock

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

[slow careful pourity]

annanuvver for me.

6 Likes

Burble-bee reporting on duty in our beautiful new Cellar.

Had a very good sushi lunch with DS, who is in fine fettle. The rstaurant was chillingly cold, so I am now sitting with a hot water bottle on my lap and sipping a ginger wine/brandy combo. Just the jobbie. Speaking of which - I have ordered some bamboo toilet rolls and shall be sure to report back on their efficacy, in the fullness of time.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Gawds
The rain is pounding at the windows here

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Rain’s just starting here (at least at the back of the house; I haven’t been listening at the front).

5 Likes

Ah. A defective Whisky Mac.
Must say, I am rather taken with the notion of a Dirty Canadian, although I have my doubts about the palatability of the actual drink. Janie? Janie, come back

9 Likes