So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Dunno whether this is feasible or relevant but could you try opening different windows? You seem to be on some kind of Bumblebee Flight Path.

5 Likes

Youā€™re sure it isnā€™t the same bumblebee repeatedly, trying to make friends?

5 Likes

I can only apologise for the sheer noive of my rellies, Carinthia.

Still awaiting a 'phone call so no walkies for me, today. Mr Bee is out, walking the fields. Oh - a massive dod of amalgam with a bit of tooth has fallen out of one of my molars. Sigh.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Patio 1 - 2 Legs

5 Likes

I have been knitting in the garden

I was talking to my hazel about Auntie joan wee bee and a gorgeous painted lady butterfly came and landed by my hand

I thought that was lovely

6 Likes

ā€œHmm. One teenage female, about eight feet down. Been there five years.ā€
The Patio Whisperer, coming this fall on CBS.

6 Likes

Really annoying about the 'phonecall & tooth, Soo

Proffers an Hug from me Chaise, from where I seem to have spent the afternoon

Sigh

No cooking has been done

Yet

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Proffers hugs right back. Still no 'phone call, despite two nudges from me.

Lovely to hear about the butterfly, Twellsy. I remember sitting in an Austrian meadow after a very long hike and, having removed my footwear, I had meadow browns landing on my toes. Clearly, we bees have nicely scented sweat.

Tonight Iā€™ll cook a cheesey veg bake, to use stuff up, with roasted sweet potato wedges. The latter is necessary because Mr Bee bought them becauseā€¦well, anyway.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Friendā€™s fatherā€™s funeral on Tuesday. Given that father was on IoM and friend is in Oxford, he couldnā€™t be there. They tried to livestream it. It didnā€™t go well.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very sad indeed, Hedgers.
Soo xx

5 Likes

So: all is not sad in our Cellar. Admittedly, the sweet potatoes were, as suggested by their moniker, sweet, but we donā€™t ever need to cook or eat them again. So, thatā€™s Good. Iā€™ve been emailing Auntie Joanā€™s care home manager and she seems caring and helpful. A card has been sent and Iā€™ll try to work out what else I can do.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Have put the Recycling bins out

Have been cold all afternoon, so put a coat over me Negligible

Candle still burning here

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I think we should follow the magnificent example set by our Antipodean mates:

Or, not. But they make me smile.
Soo xx
5 Likes

Well yes, Darling

But They Donā€™t Matchā€¦

I even have blue Nitrile gloves & black ones, depending on the week, although I expect that they will be rarer than henā€™s teeth very shortly

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I bought, before all of this sh*t, nitrile gloves at best price. They are lilac and donā€™t match anything. Imagine my pain! But, Iā€™ll wear them, as Iā€™m better than I think.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I have a box and a half of surgical gloves and a box of food safe gloves

As I am a terror for bleeding with tiny cuts the food safe gloves are essential

I was going to make hot cross buns for the.neighbours but nobody wants them

I feel even more useless and with less control than ever today

6 Likes

I usually buy mine from the First Aid stall on the market, but even before this really developed, they had run out of Large. I can wear Medium, but the Large go better over the compression gloves.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I usually keep nitrile gloves in stock for cutting up chillies, but Iā€™ve discovered other uses for them, during present madness, and Iā€™m glad that I have a stock of them.

Anyhoo - best nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Darling

I wore them for dealing with pickling onions, years ago, so that the smell wouldnā€™t transfer to the sewing.

I do most food prep in them these days, as the allergies have developed.

More Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Oh goodness. Hadnā€™t even thought about them until you mentioned it. Drat.

Sorry youā€™re feeling that way. But you ARE being useful by not going out and about and getting ill or passing illness on. And you could make hot cross buns for yon Bull and freeze some. Without crosses, so they are just Normal Issue Delicious Buns. I am short a couple of needfuls to make them, sadly.

5 Likes