So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Head done

Edakes buggaed off for a while

Sign on motorway warning

Yellow rain warning

Sounds lavatorial sort of weather

8 Likes

Good!

about the headache

Not so good

about the yellow rain.

6 Likes

Washeen trundling away merrily

Late Lunch of Lancashire cheese & crackers being consumed

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I have picked a bucket full of elder-flowers, in the sun and wind. Very invigorating!

6 Likes

Soon to become very intoxicating. Hurrah!

8 Likes

I meant to ask you about the elderflowers yesterday, Fishy.

Looking forward to the results…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

It turns out that the wide-mouthed container I chose to steep the elderflower vodka in takes about 1.8 litres of vodka once it has had elderflowers fairly well packed down in it, so that’s what it got; I shall have to buy some more vodka for the raspberries to go into. Oh dear what a pity.

What is a pity is that Tesco , or at least this Tesco, no longer seem to do 1.5 litre bottles of their own-brand vodka, and a one-litre bottle now costs about a quid more than a 1.5-litre bottle cost last time I made raspberry vodka. Bah humbugs the lot of them.

6 Likes

Lidl/Aldi own brand p’raps?

6 Likes

I just looked online and our Tesco is offering 1.5 litre bottles of ‘Tesco Imperial Vodka’ (the only own-brand I can see) at £22.79. 1 litre bottles are £16.17.

PS I’m first in the queue for the raspberry version.

6 Likes

No, no; the Chatelaine always has first dibs. The barmaid at our local, too, who is having to do extensive taste-testing to decide which she prefers of the raspberry or the blackberry; every time she thinks she has decided she gets Terrible Doubts and has to have another a little bottle of each for further testing. Adding the fig on one occasion completely threw her and was more than she could easily cope with: she said a three-way decision was above her pay-grade.

7 Likes

I think you might find that wor Chatelaine has Views about that, backed up with Elbows.

7 Likes

Sorry, TFM

You’re not…

The Vodka I received in exchange for groceries was Aldi own brand, Tamova, & £15 for a litre.

Very nice too

<< >> <------ Me Elbows

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

I am just glad I like gin…

ETA

I fear the elbows!

7 Likes

You do have the odd wise moment, Twellsy… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Wisdom or pure cowardice dear Chatelaine?

7 Likes

Once elbowed, twice shy?

6 Likes

Sometimes cowardice is not just wise, it is sensible.

7 Likes

On a note to cheer a wee bee

I was NOT allowed a foot over the door of the hospital today until a theatre sister who has no theatre to supervise checked me and noted all obs to take to my insultant

She remembered me from a procedure 3 years ago!

One where I was unconscious all of the time once my history was verified

Impressive these senior nurses are!

7 Likes

I did pause for a moment to wonder if clumping great (well size 4 actually) DMs would be a match for the elbows, but on balance I think maybe not.

I might just sulk, mind.

8 Likes

Supper tonight will be a dirty gurt sausage sandwich. Would a spare chipolata or two take that look off your face?

8 Likes