So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I was thinking of a brick through the window. Not vandalism, nor even anger - just likely to be more effective than any other means of communication they allegedly provide.

This day last week we actually agreed a resolution; now it appears that no one bothered to act on it. When we chased it up, we got the plan confirmed - only to then receive a “confirmatory” email outlining a package that’s barely better than what we have (or are supposed to have) at the moment - but with yet another price hike.

The problem is that none of the departments seem to talk to each other. Even the engineer was complaining that if he has to call, say, sales, he has to go through the same call waiting rigmarole as we do. The agreement we reached was evidently not passed on, so when the “loyalty” department (there’s optimism…) contacted us, they simply went for the hard sell again.

I have a feeling this is going to end up in the hands of a solicitor…

6 Likes

Would your equivalent of an MP be any use, Joe?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

That’s truly terrible service, from people whose raison dêtre is servitude.
Have a donkey:
This is Poppy, who Mr Bee ‘adopted’ for me for Christmas. I haven’t been able to meet her, but I’m happy that she is cared for.

The jigsaw remains a mystery :frowning_face:

Soo xx

7 Likes

Oh Soo

SFX of melting heart

Wanna Donkey…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

And I wanna donkey too. I’ve always wanted a donkey. Don’t s’pose I’ll ever have one now, it’s not fair!

It all sounds an utter nightmare Joe. Sympathies etc.

6 Likes

Diana Wynne Jones always wanted a donkey, too. A small grey one by choice, with a pink muzzle.

7 Likes

I want one of the small dark brown ones, with a pale fawn muzzle. And a little donkey cart that I can go and do my shopping in.

Such things are dreams made of.

6 Likes

Poppy the Donkey is gorgeous. I can’t visit her, just now, obviously. I have ‘adopted’ a White-faced Owl, Black Vulture, several ancient Dogs Trust ones and a guide dog apprentice. All excellent birthday and Christmas presents, for me. Sometimes, I get flowers, which are also good.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Do they let it come and visit if you’re feeling poorly?

6 Likes

My Late Mother always struggled on the obligatory visits to Ireland - her MiL, my Granny, was poisonous, but has benefitted, on memory, from the old Rose Tinted Spex.

My Late, & Lovely Uncle, Big John, saw my mother’s eyes light up when she saw a Donkey foal.

He offered the Tinker owner £100- riches beyond the dreams of avarice 57 years ago, but he wouldn’t sell.
Big John just wanted to see my mother smile…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Now, now - you’re being a bit norty, Hedgers. Cora loves me (I have photographs to prove it) and she knows which side her bread is buttered on.

Soo xx

6 Likes

[innocently] I was just thinking it might encourage you to feel better…

6 Likes

Yeah, right. I feel good:

Soo xx

6 Likes

Bad form, but bedtime. Fat chance of sleep, to be honest, but I’ll give it a go.

Best nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Huggles, Soo

I have seen 5am, Sleepless in Chesterfield, fer the last 3 weeks.

It isn’t pretty…

Proffers Gin…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I used to work with donkeys on the beach giving rides to townie children
I still love donkeys and their capacity for behaving badly when they felt like it

Like waving their willies around at the good folks having a prayer and hymn session complete with a dreadful organ

Nothing puts a preacher off like donkeys extending their willies down to the sand then waving it around in time to the music

8 Likes

Thank you Twellsy for sending me off to bed on that note. I shall drift off on a giggle, imagining that scene, how can I fail to sleep well?

6 Likes

The coastguard won 't love you if you do. Inflatable flamingos irk them too…

7 Likes

Has that question, used in any context, ever gained a positive response ?

Just wondering.

6 Likes

Maybe an inflatable lifeboat?

yardarm

6 Likes