So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

How wearing [ winky wotsit ]
Gxxx

6 Likes

It was

Trust meā€¦

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Gus I am jealous
I wanted one of them but I wasnā€™t allowed one

7 Likes

[yawnity]
tseep

Dawn Chorus happened at dawn. How dare they!

yardarm

6 Likes

Bacon butties ready

Bread is late due to recalcitrant yeast s-l-o-w-l-y rising

7 Likes

Sensible yeast. I too have risen very slowly this morning.

6 Likes

Ha! I remain resolutely unleavened.

6 Likes

Phew!

I do not understand why anyone would bother with gym membership.

A superking size bed, fitted sheets and a duvet, and decide to change the sheets, and thatā€™s my exercise sorted for the day. Possibly for the week.

7 Likes

There was one chain that seemed to be known across North London as where posh totty went to meet builders. So I suppose thatā€™s one reason.

6 Likes

I was going to ask why on earth builders need a gym in the first place, but thatā€™s possibly a bit of a silly qu. in light of the North London lore.

Also, and as the nonnest of sequiturs, when I kill the saxophonist, just as soon as Iā€™ve put some drawers on, will his demise be chalked up to The Virus for statistical purposes?

6 Likes

Saxophonist?

When did you acquire one of them?

7 Likes

ā€œBut what we canā€™t understand is why he should have tried to eat his saxophone in the first place.ā€

6 Likes

First effing day of effing lockdown, Twellsy. Never heard a note out of the bugger before that.
Itā€™s not that he is altogether unskilled, although he is also no Jess Gillam, but more that he seems to know when I want to be listening properly to something else. Which one canā€™t, not with an overlay of wanky sax twiddling. Lanky gurt git.

That sort of thing, yes. Although I am inclined to tackle the task from the other end, as it were. And very much sans lube.

6 Likes

And the rest is a funny story for the second-nearest* pub to the hospital. (ā€œSo apparently he was saxophoning in the nude one day, whenā€¦ā€)

* because the nearest pub is where the people who are Terribly Important go.

6 Likes

Ah yes: pubs* with Patrons Who Go ā€˜Beep!ā€™

*remember them? [sobbity]

6 Likes

Gus had mentioned the saxophone player and nuisance thereof at least as long ago as 22nd March, Twellies, with the words ā€œThe saxophonist was active this afternoon, btw.ā€ I assume he had been excoriated earlier as well but I am not searching the entire thread to find out.

6 Likes

Thank you folk

Butterfly memory here

Inept musicians should be locked in together in a soundproof anechoic room and the key melted down so nobody can let them escape

7 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with a soundproof hyper-echoic room?

6 Likes

Nowt as long as it blocks all sound from the inside

6 Likes

Reverb is flattering; anechoic makes you sound shite even to yourself, so should help discourage the talentless.

7 Likes