So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

In my last place I had a long narrow living room lined with books on the long sides. It was the deadest acoustic environment I’ve ever lived in… and it’s the one thing I miss in this otherwise wonderful place.

7 Likes

Anti-saxophone baffling!

7 Likes

7 Likes

That heinous, parping, noodling git was at it again intermittently beyween 15:00 hrs and 18:30 hrs. Since Covid-19 has failed to diminish his lung capacity in any useful way, we shall have to see what a spot of arson can do.

7 Likes

With a flame thrower I hope Gus. You don’t want to be breaking those 2m rules.

7 Likes

Those entirely arbitrary 2m rules, please, dere.

6 Likes

Well, yes … quite.

Coz on the Isle of Man its 3 feet, innit !

6 Likes

Not after Monday it ain’t. See elsethread.

(And pubs!)

6 Likes

Tis. I’ve seen the new sign.

Definitely 3 feet.

7 Likes

Yeah but…

EaKOC7mXsAAuVMy

So we can get as close as we like now.

6 Likes

Have a Damselfly, courtesy of Mr Bee:

Soo xx

6 Likes

Tell Mr Bee he can keep it! Beauteous beasties but they and dragonflies give me the grues.
A former cat used to catch damsel flies, horrible sneaky little wretch that she was…

5 Likes

< discreetly fills pail with icy water >

5 Likes

Ah, well. He just took a pic (over ages) on our walk, yesterday.

Today, we went a-shopping - no pics available, but hopelessly inept face-covering behaviour and lack of ability to recognise a one-way system*. Ugh. But, we are relatively well provisioned.
*Them, not us.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I find myself unreasonably annoyed by people with masks dangling under their chins. I’m not sure if it’s a slightly better or a slightly worse look than a mask covering the mouth but not the nose.

7 Likes

No, it’s a splendid photie, and kind of Mr Bee to share it with us. I just object to being darted at by glinty things wiv wings. They want to evolve into shrapnel or worse. Don’t trust 'em…

5 Likes

And just as the Isle of Man gives up the distancing, I get a text from the doctors (at this time of night?) telling me that they won’t see me unless I am wearing a mask. I suppose this implies that they may be seeing patients again, which they haven’t done since mid-March,but it’s a funny way to choose to tell us so.

7 Likes

This is not an unreasonable response, Janie.
Good nights to you and all,
Soo xx

8 Likes

Did they specify where you should be wearing it?

Points will be deducted for 'in the surgery ’ or equivalent answers.

7 Likes

The actual phrase used is “a face covering”; then they direct you to a gov site where they tell you how to make a face-mask out of an old tee-shirt.

I suppose therefore that they mean on your face…

8 Likes