So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Our hovel has a double glazed conservatory the full length of the house on the south side

So the heat can get up to 35 easily and 40 without too much effort on a sunny day

Hence I cook outdoors most of the time in summer

I am going to try to cook a pizza on a pizza stone in the BBQ some time soon

6 Likes

Iā€™m happy to volunteer to test the pizza for you, itā€™ll be no trouble, honest.

6 Likes

And we are being warned of 31. Too hot, even for me.

6 Likes

If like me you left your windows open, itā€™s helpful to be woken up to close them when the rain starts.

7 Likes

ā€œLocal weather for local peopleā€
I blame B****tā€¦

Bob Quinnā€™s (already dubious) series Atlanteans lost me in the first couple of minutes when he tried to claim the lack of Irish (Republic) weather on BBC maps as evidence of racism. Nothing to do with the fact that they have to pay the Met Office for forecasts per region and there are no licence payers here, of course.

6 Likes

Indeed. The map I posted is not meant to indicate overall weather patterns, but to say which parts of the UK are potentially affected. Just as Met Ɖireannā€™s map wonā€™t show us lot here. I do think itā€™s a shame there isnā€™t more access to general worldwide collaboration on this stuff, though.

6 Likes

3Wellsā€™s new skirt (made herself), and summer sandals (not made herself, delivered by postman this morning).

8 Likes

Cooā€¦

7 Likes

I very much like that print, Twellsy.

6 Likes

Lovely colours in that, Twellsy

Somewhat frustrated here, as I have to go to the delivery depot tomorrow & collect a parcel, I think . I will call the number on the card first though

I havenā€™t been anywhere, so am assuming that they tried to deliver it whilst I was ā€˜atā€™ the funeral

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I fell for the fabric for the colours and I am pleased with the skirt as itā€™s a bugga to see because it slithers like mad

6 Likes

Impressive!

Meanwhile itā€™s all getting a bit ominous here. Clouds gathering, distant rumblingsā€¦ Should have paid more attention when yesterday started getting a bit, well, Norse*.

*They were a bit too big for Bob Marley

6 Likes

Any eyeballs floating around too?

6 Likes

Oh come on, is it fair to reference The Perishers at this point?

6 Likes

Probably not, but it was an accident if I did. [grinnity]

6 Likes

Wouldnā€™t last long if there were

6 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you, Fishy. I ran and found out ;- )

I didnā€™t realise joe lives in a rockpool.

6 Likes

Apparently the animated Perishers had Judy Bennett doing one of the voices. But I can only find it in Finnish, from which I learn that ā€œtelescopeā€ in Finnish is ā€œteleskoopiiā€.

6 Likes

Which Discworld book had Quoth the raven?
He was fond of an eyeball or two

6 Likes