So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I always thought Legoland was a bit unfair on children, showing them things they could never hope to build for themselves.

5 Likes

I don’t know about Lego - I never had any nor did I play with children that had it*

Then as a grown up it never featured in my life either

  • We had a beach and rock pools and a harbour with a yacht club and rowing boats
5 Likes

I know what you mean, Fishy, but I think that may be outweighed by the (working) flights of fancy to be seen.

I acquired my stepchildren when they were teenagers, so ‘missed out’ on the Lego years

And the Barbie years

Thank God…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I learned to sew on a machine using scraps of material making frocks for my Sindy dolls

6 Likes

I wasn’t allowed to, as the machine at home was a treadle. We didn’t get an lectric one until I was 11.

It’s at Carinthia Towers By The Lake now

Sob

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

That’ll be a bit hard to bear, Carinthia. Avvanug, anna:


We’ll find water, as ‘needed’.
Soo xx

6 Likes

'salready about 60% water…

6 Likes

Not to mention the… the… ice.

(In some respects I am a surprisingly* purist sparrer.)

* it surprises me, given some of the other rubbish I toss down me beak

6 Likes

Worm au vin, blanquette de weevil, greenfly a la Barigoule…

5 Likes

All will be revealed…

The parcel, depending on which tracking service you look at, has been:

  • Transferred from Shannon to Kilkenny yesterday morning
  • Transferred from Shannon to Kilkenny this morning
  • Transferred from Shannon to Tallaght this morning
  • Delivered to–and signed for by–me at 12.43 today.

I am now approaching the severely pissed off stage.

For the curious, it’s a nice image-stabilised zoom lens for the Canon DSLR I was given for my birthday. I was hoping to get some nice shots involving Ellen…

Since they seem to have lost track of about three parcels, I’m tempted to claim for all of them. After all, I have their own evidence that there’s one in Tallaght and one in Kilkenny, while I most definitely did not take delivery of one at any point–nor did I sign for anything.

I suspect a few people may be in for a bit of a bollocking…

6 Likes

It’s the modern customer service principle. “Who are you going to use, (any of our rivals)? They’re all just as bad as us.” See also banks, utility companies, etc.

6 Likes

Now there’s an oxymoron and a half…

6 Likes

No oxy, lots of morons.

6 Likes

Alas, they do still seem to be using rather more than I would let them have

6 Likes

'the oxygen of duplicity '?

6 Likes

Why are the lack of utility companies so blooming incompetent and uncaring?

Or am I asking daft questions again?

5 Likes

And, yes - it was! I have tried the technique with chopsticks. So, I’ll be there with me battle tambour for the bollocking (richly deserved).

Soo xx

5 Likes

Buzzin’ off to bed.
Nights, all,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Darling

Black Negligible tonight…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Dancing bins this morning, I suspect. Wind warnings over all of England…

yardarm

7 Likes