So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Well, more time spent eating and less redecorating / rebuilding, for starters.

6 Likes

They are indeed - particularly the automatic ones. Ours, rather to our surprise, gets pretty much daily use

7 Likes

Well, there is that: but I like explosions.

6 Likes

teeheeheeheehee
6 Likes

deep joy

6 Likes

One phonecall down, just waiting for the Nurse now
Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Brilliant! Iā€™m sorry that you had to endure all of that in order to tell us, Fishers, but Mr Bee and I loved your account. Bravo!

We drove 10 miles, there and back, to a place where we could tempt birds to feed right in front of the car. We offered birdseed, peanuts and walnuts and the birds attended and entertained us, forra good while. I must say that I think itā€™ll take a lot of getting-used-to while we canā€™t feed our own garden birds. Weā€™ve created a dependency and I am genuinely saddened by letting them down.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Nurse 'phoned at 4-30pm, & I went to the surgery at 5-15pm to collect me prescription. She came down with it at 5-25pm, so I had enuff time to get it filled across the road, & collect my other stuff.
The poor woman was supposed to finish at 4pm.

Smoked Haddock Florentine tonight, when me wax has melted

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

8 Likes

B came round and helped me get going on the front of the jumper

The orangā€™s body is done and his head started

This knitting into the front and back of a stitch is gurt fun!

7 Likes

You must let us have that recipe, dahling.

6 Likes

That will involve thinking, Gus, which may be a problem ATMā€¦ :wink:

Not even sure that I have spelled it correctly

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Sorry, dear Chatelaine; I should have exercised self-restraint (but when has that ever stopped me, eh?). I hope you enjoy your supper. Smoked haddock is a great good thing.

6 Likes

Presumably Haddock Florentine has a big haddock in your right hand and a smaller one in your left?

6 Likes

This version has 3 ā€˜plugsā€™ of defrosted spinach on the bottom of the dish, undyed smoked haddock flaked on top & then a layer of cheesy garlic mash on top.

Oh, & plenty of butterā€¦

I sometimes add eggs too, but I know you arenā€™t always keen

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

snork!, Sparrer. But I wouldnā€™t provoke a Chatelaine I believed to be armed with not one but two haddock. Not without some form of protective headgear, anyway.

6 Likes

You wouldnā€™t believe the number of times I made eggs florentine (spinach, eggs, mornay business). For a very elderly neighbour, years ago. I made her suppers, did her washing, picked her up of the floor many many times and dealt with the consequences of her having been on it for a while, if you get my drift, kicked arses at the doctors, at social services, etc. And when she died, I got a whole load of sniffiness from various ā€˜friendsā€™ of hers who hadnā€™t done a tap for not going to the funeral. Because I had no babysitter and the child was at a horrible stage and would no doubt have drowned out the service with tantrums.

Sorry. Bit of a rant there. ā€˜Florentineā€™ set off a train of thought. Ethel very kindly gave me her motherā€™s Mrs Beeton. I treasure it.

7 Likes

Donā€™t apologise, Gus
We recognise the scenario

An MLer Elseboard made eggs florentine most days for her poorly husband umpty years ago, & hasnā€™t been able to look at them since he died, over 20 years ago.

Me wax is melting

Me wine is chilling

Onwards & Upwards

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Ye have me fancying florentine eggses now

And rants are justified Gus dear

Point me at anyone upsetting my mates and I will make my mates smile as I sit upon them

I defy them to upset anyone once I have sat upon them!

7 Likes

My brother once tried to kill me by sitting on me - well he put a cushion on my face and sat on that. He was three at the time.

Heā€™s quite a decent sort of chap now.

8 Likes

A useful mirror image for one of my secret scenarios, Gus. Sympathy, from yer bee.
Soo xx

6 Likes