So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Ah, why the hell not, Dahlink?

The cocktail sounds… interesting, too.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/67704/the-dark-horse-cocktail.html

6 Likes

Jesus

I think I’ll stick to the Wine…

Can’t bear Coca Cola…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

You are a wise Chatelaine. I am assuming it was the red Vermouth they had in mind. Imagine it with the dry white version
…AND heave ;-(

6 Likes

And Kahlua… :nauseated_face:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Aye. Groogh.
Carry on like this and we shall both become terribly Temperance and probably start playing brass instruments …

6 Likes

Snork!

Notta chance…

A propos of very little, is Dark Horse Merlot worth trying?

Am arsking forra friend

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Dunno. None of my friends have, as yet. Probably :wink:

6 Likes

Not just me then. Hate the stuff.

8 Likes

That recording is such a great classic it’s still available, in Apple iTunes - and almost certainly through other non-fruity music stores. I think that’s where I got it, but I also have converted it to MP3 and have it on my “media server”.

7 Likes

Not by choice. We get to hear various local bands and musicians regularly, and some of them are very good indeed, but the downside of island life is that visits by big ‘names’ are rare.

I have realised since I posted that the last time I saw Robert Plant live (in Zeppelin) was in July 1970 and now I have tickets for almost exactly (it could even be exactly to the day) 50 years later. This makes me feel very old but at least he is even older.

6 Likes

Coca Cola probably has its uses, but they do not involve inserting it into a sparrer.

Best way to do it. I never have to grub around for CDs again.

I particularly love the Haydn Cello Concertos, especially the 1998 Isserlis/Norrington recording; I heard that on R3 in the car and pulled over so that I wasn’t trying to split my attention between that and driving.

yardarm

onnanother grey day

6 Likes

Oh, much respec’.

7 Likes

I was just 16 (though not all that sweet) and it was the most exciting thing I had ever experienced at the time. Never forgotten.

6 Likes

Yes - same issue here. The cluster of gigs in March is purely coincidental (and exhausting!). Last “big name” gig we got to see here was the Flecktones reunion - in 2012!

6 Likes

Hoolie but dry ATM

Snow forecast for tonight…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

We have sunshine. Sorry about that…

6 Likes

We have sunshine and the occasional bluster of wind. I intend to put my feet up and read for the rest of the afternoon.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I have just decoked the stairs tool from the vacuum cleaner

I may need a lie down…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Unseemly behaviour is decoking hoovers

7 Likes

I’m obviously not doing the unseemliness quite right, then, as my hoover remains stubbornly coked. Advice?

6 Likes