So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

And That Cat!
I’ll drink to them all!

(Given the chance - I am supposed to be packing.)

Soo xx

6 Likes

Good nights, Cellarites.
I’ll pack in the morn.
Soo xx

4 Likes

The fishy dunnock couple are lovely and the sort of friends everyone needs

Gusses need to take care and settle in gently

6 Likes

Orf to play silly games all day.

yardarm

5 Likes

Have returned to bed. Wiv tea. Inna spirit of j’y suis, j’y reste.

Happy games, poultry, walking sticks and so on to le tout Cellar.

6 Likes

Bed is good for Gusses

As long as there are guard rails to avoid rolling out of bed for Gusses

Not often I gets to worrit about other cellarati so let me enjoy it chaps please dear Gus

6 Likes

Today I have a postcard from Sudden Daughter which says (I quote)

“Currently on a French course on a whim having a lovely time at 98°F, just been swimming in a nice cool lake with my new French course friends, now listening to the thunder as the black clouds roll in… Absolutely delightful!”

This probably explains why she has not yet turned up here before leaving the country for her next posting. I still don’t actually know when that is going to start.

sigh Kids, eh? But I’m glad she’s having a good time.

6 Likes

Fret not, Twellsy: I am not given to falling out of bed. I did, however, bestir myself to open the front door: PFO was asking loudly for admittance…

Lovely day here. Sunny but not too hot. Unlike the Sudden Fishly Daughter, I’m not that fond of Hot Heat.

4 Likes

Sudden Daughter may need a chaperone

Might I apply for the position?

I love heat

5 Likes

Of course! I have just remembered what PFO stands for. And just had to look up ‘murrain’ (probably not for the first time) thanks to Gus elseboard. Splendid word, I shall try to assimilate it this time.

5 Likes

You don’t want to go to South Sudan, Twellies. The drinks are terrible…

She just rang me from Geneva Airport to arrange things – good grief! three days’ notice! I shan’t know myself.

Bringing all her gear for everything here in the day on 14th, and selling her car on the same day (she hopes) with a lift from me to help with that; in to London for night of 15th; back here again wanting a lift to Henley on the afternoon of 16th with camping gear for Rewind; a lift back on 19th afternoon from Henley straight to Heathrow to catch a flight to Scotland for a week’s climbing, leaving her festival gear in the car with me and taking with her the climbing-bag she will have left here ready-packed for me to bring to her; on 26th back from Scotland via Bristol on 25th to dump her climbing gear there; picking up here the gear she will have left ready-packed for the tour in SS; and off to Heathrow in the evening of 26th. I am not sure what I do with her camping gear: store it here until she gets back to England in nine months’ time, I expect.

It all makes me feel a bit breathless.

Oh, and somewhere along the way she has picked up half-price in a sale a really good skiing jacket to replace the one I got her ten years ago which has now died, and she can’t fit it into her luggage and feels a bit absurd sitting in an airport with it in August…

6 Likes

I feel a bit dizzy just reading that!

5 Likes

All that detailed Planning and packing… I blame the Army :wink:
Hurrah!

5 Likes

Waves inna Slightly Demented Fashion

Have finally got to me Waptop

Liberates Pitcher

Goes orff to check the Bratwurst

Subsides inn heap

I’ll be back inna while, promise

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Woohoo! A Chatelaine. Wiv pitchers. And bratwurst.

This calls for a celebration.

4 Likes

Have had 2 glasses of rather good home made Limoncello. My neighbour’s mother makes it for me, & I bring her Twinings Teabags, which she loves

Feet are like footballs now, but I have got a lot done today

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I am in awe of Sudden Daughter

And a fishy keeping track of SD

Waving to our chatelaine

6 Likes

Aaargh! Too late I fear, but :Fishy - porridge…

Fishy porridge is of course failed murderer but that’s not the point right now, chaps
Gxxx

5 Likes

Murderer = kedgeree. Obviously.

Actually for once this mad machine might have a point. I made a very horrible kedgeree in 2001. Himself was most scathing. And sort of upset and orphan in stormish about it.

5 Likes

Well. Apart from a small wholemeal for domestic use and some fancy olive, tomato and feta, mostly for export, I have done very !little today.
PFO has been Bad Pennying and on his last visit colonised the cat tree, which made me - quite illogically - somewhat pissed off. He is trying to move in. We shall draw a veil over the slug. Quite a large veil. It was quite a large slug (wiv orange frills, for connoisseurs of vat kind of fing)
Sleep tight, Cellarites.
Gxxx

6 Likes