So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

That’s very noble of you!

4 Likes

One of those jobs you take on before realising quite what is going to be involved. The initial problem was that it was hanging on startup. Fixed that with a quick PRAM zap, but then the drive was very noisy - clearly having trouble finding contiguous free sectors. Time for a bit of pruning, obviously, so backed up all the old docs on an external.

All in all, a nice, straightforward job.

Then I looked at the email…

4 Likes

The Bull feels the pain

I am at a rally in the hotel foyer with a tree fern agrapevine and numerous banananana plants

Lovely old place on the beach

5 Likes

Meanwhile, at J…

4 Likes

Have a swift pint of a decent wallop, joe.

4 Likes

Wottan excellent bloke that joe izz. Wanders off in amazzement at such altruizzm.

Meanwhile - I am very curious about Carinthia’s meet-up.
Proffers image

After the terrible scenarios suggested upthread, regarding boa constrictor influence on unsuspecting clothing, I have tried on my Wedding Outfit and am happy to report that it looks fine. I shan’t eat until October, that’s all.

Azzif the world’s problems aren’t enough!

Soo xx

4 Likes

Carinthia’s Meet-up didn’t happen

She did 'phone to apologise

Meanwhile

Back at the Ranch,I drank rather a lot of Johnnie Walker this afternoon…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Sleep well, all.

4 Likes

Well, that’s a therapeutic way of using up an afternoon, dere. I hope it did you good. Huggage.
The Ma, who has strange objections to being shut in or buried alive, very bravely spent part of today in a hollowed-out mountain looking at the turbines. And no, she hasn’t read A Big Boy Did It And Ran Away. Just as well, really.
Soo, brides might starve themselves for a month, but you are not to. ‘All will fit well and all manner of things will fit well.’ Madame Gus of Catford, thattiz.
Miki the Mooch came in and attacked me, being full for some reason of piss and vinegar. He was hoofed out sharpish. Whiskery Jellicle Lout.

Good night, dere Cellarites

5 Likes

Wot you want is a good honest spiv of a cat. Not only polite, but you’ll never lack for black-market mice.

yardarm

on a pleasantly grey day.

5 Likes

Yay! My parcel from Land’s End is on its way.
Yeah, but no, but…
Courier is Hermes. Sigh.
Soo xx

5 Likes

People will use Hermes, even though the regulations still require replacement of lost and damaged goods.

I send everything out by Royal Mail. It may cost a bit more, but it gets there first try.

5 Likes

At least it’s not Yodel, I s’pose.
Soo xx

3 Likes

I am feeling strangely comforted by the conservatory here at the hotel

It has something in common with ours

It leaks

Nice to see the staff chasing leaks with wet floor signs and bright yellow buckets

This hotel has a sort of genteel air about it

While at the same time being full of life and exuberant life

6 Likes

Don’t they all?

4 Likes

I think the ones at Kew Gardens don’t at the moment; haven’t they just had a very expensive renovation? (Again)

I have always (well, since 1987, anyway) been vaguely comforted that the Princess of Wales Conservatory at Kew was opened by DiPoW but named after her predecessor Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha.

And she pipped a Lady Diana Spencer to the heir to the throne. Hah!

4 Likes

What an excellent reason to be admired for

There is now a wedding a rally HQ with attendant oily folks and irate officials being fed and the usual Saturday night revellers and feeding of 500 marshals

And I still get spoiled by the bar staff who look after me with enormous kindness

I adore this hotel

6 Likes

At Easter I was in a hotel where bar service simply broke down; the queues got longer for an hour or so, until someone who knew how to make a bar work took over and sorted it.

5 Likes

All over this island pubs have interesting extra businesses attached to the premises

Pub with afilling station being my latest interesting sighting while travelling round to and from rallies

I do like such things

5 Likes

I’ve been to the pub at Beaconsfield services. It’s… OK.

5 Likes