So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Looking at interesting clouds makes me recall this one.

3 Likes

We shall be getting an Aldi on 27th September, when it opens up some 230 yards from the existing Lidl (as the fish walks if it leaps over the foot-high fence round the Lidly car-park); I cannot think that this was done by accident. I’ll be dodging from one to the other for weeks looking for which has the better price on things, I can tell.

5 Likes

A stoo wiv integral toothpick?

3 Likes

That’s taking Brexit a bit far…

4 Likes

I should say that, in my youth, it wozz Rag, Tag and Bobtail, joe. Not Laputa Castle in the Sky, as enjoyed by our bairns and us. Torchie the Battery Boy, anyone? Ye Gawds - I’m off forra gin.
Soo xx

5 Likes

There is no such thing Joe.

3 Likes

A bit before my time - but I did get a hand-me-down Torchy annual, along with several years’ Eagle annuals. Wish I still had them - probably worth a fortune now!

Meanwhile, a chance to relive a whole-tone childhood… (Barry Gray was a very interesting composer - definitely strongly influenced by his teacher, Mátyás Seiber)

3 Likes

Wow. Thus was a very, very early favourite of mine but I’ve never seen anything of it since I was about 6. Brilliant. Thanks.

Rag, Tag & Bobtail next.

5 Likes

I utterly loathed Torchy, Twizzle and, particularly, Rag, Tag and Bobtail.

Thunderbirds were the next best thing to happen in this bee’s childhood.
Soo xx

5 Likes

(Magic Roundabout wozzabit shite, too.)
Off to bed, for me.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Four Fevva Falls ?

5 Likes

On the recommendation of That Bee, we have been watching Laputa, and on our own authority drinking champagne.

I seem to be having a birthday weekend; I am being cooked for and cosseted and taken shopping for fun…

But I think it may be bedtime now.

Tomorrow, pub lunch…

5 Likes

I dunno - kids today…

The correct complaint is that it was better in the original French

5 Likes

Sorry, Soo, but you are talking through yer spiracles there.
Boingggg! I’ve impounded yer gin, said Zebedee. Or it might have been Gus.

5 Likes

Good to hear a fishy is having fun

I’m at a rally

Lots of young men to play with

5 Likes

Then you’d better avva

yardarm

to be gettin on wiv.

5 Likes

Wotta a kind Spadger: you’re trying to distract Twellers wiv a yardarm from humanitarian motives, innit.

5 Likes

Pub lunch for us, too. Venue chosen (again) by Mr Soo’s cousins. It’s pretty poor - tough meat, that MiL won’t be able to chew and the only alternative is salmon. I have told Himself that, should the standard be as shoddy as last time, I’m not going back.
Have a Good Day, all.
Soo xx

5 Likes

It has been pointed out to me that we have (sorry about this!) held the first Reporter Cellar Meet without warning anyone, or announcing it beforehand.

Four gathered. There was food, and drink, and such. And now we too are about to go for a pub lunch, before Carinthia is decanted into a train.

6 Likes

Have a great time ye meeters

I am jealous

6 Likes