So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Bobs an Curtsey

I tend not to try to reply to Board Posts from my 'phone, as I have to get me Spex & increase the Font size

It’s bad enuff replying on the Kindle - predicitive text makes for some howlers…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Any lobsters left forra wee bee?
We have had a good day - visited Taymouth Marina, the Crannog and restaurant:
http://www.taymouthmarinarestaurant.co.uk/
Lamb shank for me and herb crusted cod loin for Himself, then completely unnecessary, but delicious puds meant that after a short kollops on the couches, we had a walk through the woods in dappled, warm (ish) sunshine to tip our caps to balance. Knackered that notion by falling upon wine and beer on our return, which is prolly why I shouldn’t be posting.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Thanks for the restaurant. Reading menus is a great hobby of mine.

I tbink I’d go for Moule Mariniere for starters … & then for main, Moule Mariniere. Yummy.

Enjoy Soo.

5 Likes

Can’t eat Moules in any shape or form these days

I love them, but they do not return the compliment

They just return

Toot Sweet

Cullen Skink though…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

We’ll be returning to the Marina later in the week. It’s the sort of place that doesn’t know how good it is, iyswim, and I almost dread its Damascene destruction. Get me! No, not more booze, fgs.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

4 Likes

We went shopping

I have a nice new extra large ironing board

I am thinking of trying extreme ironing

6 Likes

Any ironing is a little too extreme for my tastes, Dahlink…
A neighbour came round the other night asking ‘Have you got an iron…?’. She needed to borrow, but it could equally well have been a Subtle Criticism

4 Likes

Oh that looks lovely, Soo. The setting, I mean.
Mine’s a Cullen Skink. Their seafood platter doesn’t include stuff that I know for definite is out to kill me, so I would be very tempted by that too. But the pork belly/calvados… oooh, the difficult decisions about imaginary meals.
I am delighted that you are collectively falling on the wine and the beer. Lovely buzzly Beely holiday time. Raising a glass of a fruity little paintstripper in a vaguely Northerly direction. Here’s to squirrels and soup. Separately. Squirrel soup would be very wrong indeed, and also horrible.

4 Likes

Ironing-board surfing? Or…

Night all.

5 Likes

Stoppit Dunnock

I once had an Very Extreme Experience travelling wivvan Large Ironing Board on my head

Inna Mini …

I have never really recovered

I have an Large Ironing Board from Lidl on which a smallish person could sleep/sweep

Whichever took their fancy…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

yon lad will do himself a mischief if he is not careful and doesn’t have a care.
I might even go so far as to ‘I ween’ in this particular case. It will all end in A&E and transfusions and spleen, I tell ye

4 Likes

One could always flatten them to the required Shape, Dahlink…

4 Likes

The admirable Victorian (does that mean he won things ???) Frank Buckland, who determined to eat his way through the whole animal kingdom, stated that the only truly inedible beast was the mole.

I could be persuaded that squirrel was similar.

5 Likes

Aye, but please be persuaded theoretically, there’s a good fellow. Taste tests would be unkind and wasteful.
Signed
A Mole Fan

4 Likes

This contemplation of the matching culinary ineptitude of squillels (as pronounced in this house ever since #1 child said it that way) and yer mole put me in mind of prog-rock ensemble and Canterbury scene types ‘Matching Mole’. So I posted on the Juke Box thingie.

5 Likes

Blue skies anna warmish day promised. So naturally I’m waiting for a HugeSouthAmericanRiver delivery.

yardarm

4 Likes

Morning

Grey and wet here

I will be swimming

Dear wee birdie

Where are bullfinches in your list of birds to hate or flee?

I have a pair in the garden

And bluetits nest building

And a bluddy noisy blackbird pair

4 Likes

I am sure that Squillil Small was a hero of a child’s book, or something of the sort.

Unfortunately my search engine, when fed “Squillil Small”, asks me whether I mean “squirrel small” and proceeds accordingly.

Today at two or during the hour after it I shall discover what my new teeth are like. I hope to goodness they are ok; I have the smallest grandchild’s christening to attend on Sunday, and I would quite like to be able to eat there. Not least because the ex’s new significant other is to be there and I don’t want to show up badly in comparisons.

5 Likes

Best of luck with that.

5 Likes

Just give me the word. I’ll 'ave 'em.

(If life were TA, ex’s-new-SO and I would promptly begin an affair.)

4 Likes